This phone causes so much aggravation!

kline4

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Nokia Lumia 920 this past October because of the great reviews and the AT&T store employee informed me that it was the best made phone available. I have to say that it has caused me so much aggravation. First of all, the voice recognition CONSTANTLY opens when I am mid-text, watching a Youtube video, on a phone call...... Pretty much whenever I am doing something, voice recognition opens and it is really annoying. Any ideas on turning it off completely? When this phone does not open voice recognition, the Bing search opens. Both of these apps open whenever they want. Also, what's with the phone being so far behind? When I bought this phone, I read that we would have Instagram before the end of 2012. Here we are in May of 2013 and still no Instagram! If a phone wants to be in the running for the best phone out there, they may want to consider making Apps that are most popular available for the phone. This includes Apps like Instagram and SnapChat. I was tempted to buy the iPhone, but was talked out of it. There are fabulous features available for the Nokia Lumia, however, these minor problems with the phone make the phone hard to love.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Unless Instagram says it's coming out themselves, then you can't take anybody's word for it. There is a solution available in the form of Instagraph/Metrogram or WPGram to tide you over until Itsdagram comes out.

As for apps that you want specifically on the platform, you need to tell the developers you want it made. Forum readers can't make the apps appear.

If you're having issues with the hardware, send it to Nokia for testing/repair or get AT&T to replace the device.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like you're holding down the search button.

Otherwise, I have no idea why you'd get those search and voice recognition issues. It doesn't happen to me. So I can't relate.

As for Instagram, that's up to Instagram. It's not up to the makers of the phone or operating system.

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings -> speech: make sure the read aloud incoming text messages turn off or only for Bluetooth only if you want it to read message while in the car. I think it may set to 'always on'. If you want to turn it off completely, uncheck the box "Enable Speech Recognition Service". As for Instagram, it may come when they release Nokia 928, but I'm not pretty sure on that.

Good luck.

I bought the Nokia Lumia 920 this past October because of the great reviews and the AT&T store employee informed me that it was the best made phone available. I have to say that it has caused me so much aggravation. First of all, the voice recognition CONSTANTLY opens when I am mid-text, watching a Youtube video, on a phone call...... Pretty much whenever I am doing something, voice recognition opens and it is really annoying. Any ideas on turning it off completely? When this phone does not open voice recognition, the Bing search opens. Both of these apps open whenever they want. Also, what's with the phone being so far behind? When I bought this phone, I read that we would have Instagram before the end of 2012. Here we are in May of 2013 and still no Instagram! If a phone wants to be in the running for the best phone out there, they may want to consider making Apps that are most popular available for the phone. This includes Apps like Instagram and SnapChat. I was tempted to buy the iPhone, but was talked out of it. There are fabulous features available for the Nokia Lumia, however, these minor problems with the phone make the phone hard to love.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I accidentally hit browser button when I'm typing fast. And as far as voice recognition you have to long press. So I don't understand why it's doing that, unless it only happens when your texting, in that case you must hitting the mic icon -- if none of our advise works, then maybe you should let Nokia have a look at your phone, as they have brilliant customer service.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

First rule when buying a cell phone - NEVER buy one that does not already have what you need in the hopes of getting it in the future. Many times, that does not happen. Whatever is most important to you, you should have made sure the phone already had that available. I've had some of those problems you're mentioning but usually because i've had my finger in the wrong place. While I appreciate that Instagram is important to you, it is by no means the only reason by which to judge a phone. I never even heard of Snapchat so it just goes to show you that everyone judges these things by a different criteria. This really is a great phone but obviously only if it has what you need. Next time you get a phone, make sure it already has everything you can't live without. P.S. You probably think the iPhone is a great phone because of all the apps but to me, it is the single more boring phone out there. Row after row of icons with very little customization. If you're an app fiend, then that's the phone for you. If you like customization and a unique look, then you go Windows Phone or Android. Simple.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Since it's the two apps on the bottom of the screen that you're having issues with I'm pretty sure its the way you are holding it. A few times a week I'll accidentally launch Bing search or voice recognition but I know its not the phones fault, it's mine.
Sent from my AT&T Cali Blue HTC 8x using Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Since it's the two apps on the bottom of the screen that you're having issues with I'm pretty sure its the way you are holding it. A few times a week I'll accidentally launch Bing search or voice recognition but I know its not the phones fault, it's mine.
Sent from my AT&T Cali Blue HTC 8x using Board Express

I am pretty sure you are correct about how its held I know I have issues with the tell me coming on in my pocket or when I am putting it in my pocket I don't have the lockscreen on and so in my pocket I am probably somehow doing a long press and I hear her talking to me. Also I am probably hitting the seach icon on the bottom right. It's annoying but I feel pretty sure it's me. I cant complain to MS or Nokia about me!

Justin429

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Normally, I would think you're just crazy or unable to operate a handheld. But in this case, I believe you and understand what is happening. This is a faulty device. A friend of mine has the Lumia 900 and it is having the same problem. With no human input, his phone will sound the familiar chirp and be ready for voice input. Like your problem, his will also do this while he is in the middle of typing a message. More interesting is that it will also happen while he is talking on the phone. So again, while the device is just laying on a table with no hands around it, voice activation begins for no apparent reason (unless there is a poltergeist thing going on...) I suggest that you contact Nokia directly and have the phone repaired/replaced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa