Lumia 920 on T-mobile?

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I just unlocked my Lumia 920(I had been using it on Att Gophone for the past 4 months) and I just went and got my T-mobile Sim card today
and popped it in.

Voice works perfectly fine but I have two questions

1. What are the correct Internet and MMS apn settings for my 920 to be used on T-mobile US?

2. What kind of speeds can i expect with the 920 on T-mobile?

Thanks,
Micah

Open access point in setting a load T-Mobile LTE

take a look on this maybe you are able to unlock the AWS band also.
[FLASH] How to use NCS to change from RM-820 to RM-821 and vice versa - xda-developers

homieson89

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
ATT unlocked Lumia 920, $50 tmobile plan, Living in Chicago, getting LTE.( also with an ATT unlocked Lumia 820)
but the thing is that that my signal comes and goes, as in one minute I'm at 4 bars then i get no signal. but overall getting a feasible experience.

saynils50

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
ATT unlocked Lumia 920, $50 tmobile plan, Living in Chicago, getting LTE.( also with an ATT unlocked Lumia 820)
but the thing is that that my signal comes and goes, as in one minute I'm at 4 bars then i get no signal. but overall getting a feasible experience.

Hi.

I too live in Chicago and have an ATT branded Lumia 920 that I unlocked and now have the Tmobile $70 plan. Voice works perfectly, but internet sharing and mms does not work. Did you find a solution yet?

Thanks!

AlexOwliver

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same situation - totally happy with the T-Mobile service EXCEPT for MMS. Had trouble since day 1. Tried with the MMS port set to 80; called T-Mobile helpline and they told me to have it set to either 8080 or 0. Every once and a while will get a picture in our out, but no rhyme or reason. Every time I power on my phone, it resets the port to 80; would love some help as I'm frankly puzzled. And missing out on hilarious pictures.

bloboblob

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Try this fellas, got it from Tmobile today to finally get mine working....

Connection Name : T-mobile mms

Internet APN

Access point name : epc.tmobile.com
Username : Blank
Password : Blank
Proxy Address : 216.155.165.50
Proxy Port : 8080
Network Type : IPv4
Authentication Type : none

MMS APN

MMS access point name : epc.tmobile.com
Username : blank
Password : blank
Proxy Address : 216.155.165.50
Proxy port : 8080
MMSC address : http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
Network type : IPv4
Authentication type : none

important : after tapping it to make it active, restart your phone. :)

I hadn't checked back to this thread for the longest time, but I tried your settings at it worked!
Thanks for eveerything, U R AWESOME

chrisc4

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
my att unlocked 920 works perfectly with Tmobile. Internet sharing functions as it should, visual voicemail works like it should, etc.

Planetpuncher

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I've got an AT&T unlocked phone running on T-Mobile network. I've got Access Point installed, no custom APN settings, and my network selection set to Automatic. With these settings, I'm able to connect to LTE at my house. Sounds great right? Well, when I take the phone to work, my signal degrades along the commute to the point where I end up on the Edge network. I expected this as I typically have had terrible coverage when at work. However, when I return home in the evening my phone stays on the Edge network. The only way to get it to reconnect to LTE seems to be to select a specific T-Mobile network under the Cellular settings, then switch back to Automatic selection and then cycle the power. Does this sound like something that can be solved, or should I simply sell the 920 and fall back to a 521 or step up to the 925?

Other things I've tried: putting in the custom APN settings listed in this thread (epc.tmobile.com and fast.t-mobile.com), both with and without Access Point installed. I've also tried to specify the T-Mobile LTE network rather than use Automatic, but it doesn't hold the setting and when I return to view the selection, it's set to T-Mobile G.

Cristina2012

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have an unbranded unlocked Nokia Lumia 920. I have an AT&T Compatible Straight Talk Sim Card !

When I took Straight Talk card and insert it would not give celullar option for APN

I installed access point app from windows :
access point | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Once access point is installed go in Settings at the end you have Access Point.

Inside add a new profile + at the bottom

Straight Talk name

Internet APN: att.mvno
User Name: leave blank
Password: leave blank
Proxy server (URL): proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Proxy port: 80

MMS APN: att.mvno
User name: leave blank
Password: leave blank
WAP gateway (URL): 66.209.11.33
WAP gateway port: 80

Below you will have a choice for the IPV .

I used IPV4V6 INSTEAD OF JUST IPV4
Also the MMSC address as http://mmsc.cingular.com

This should make it work .

If your wifi is on or off you may notice differences . it is strange how you have to play with the settings but it should work.

The setting for Straight Talk LTE SIM are different :

Someone posted them above. I honestly believe the trick with IPV4V6 Instead of IPV4 holds the key. But you should try both.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Maybe some people don't want to be that closely associated with AT&T, since AIO is essentially AT&T? I know I wouldn't go with them if I left T-Mo. I'd sooner switch to Simple Mobile.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Just ported my 920 from ATT to TMob. Installed Access Point to fix MMS issues (all you do is install it, and open it, don't have to enter any settings or select anything). I'm a mobile hotspot user, so next step is to get that working using the foreign SIM card workaround documented in another thread. Have an Orange SIM card on order from Amazon which other's have had success with. Everything else seems to work fine. Will save $100/month for a family of 4 over the previous subsidized ATT plans. New no-contract plans from ATT are close in price, but still a bit more. Now that all our phones are unlocked, we can easily switch back to those plans if the TMob service is not adequate.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Great coverage, great phones, for a great price. Why let invented moral dilemmas keep you from enjoying that?

Because people don't want to deal with AT&T. Simple as that. Then there are others who have been with T-Mobile all along. I have a 920, although it's a Rogers model, and never had issues with it running on T-Mobile. That includes MMS and very fast LTE speeds (I don't use Internet sharing). I'm paying only $45 per month on a plan I share with my mother, and that's AFTER taxes. Can't complain at all. Wouldn't get that with AT&T or even AIO Wireless.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I had been a T-Mobile customer for almost 10 years before switching to AIO. Would have gone earlier if such pricing existed before now. T-Mobile seems the one to avoid, though I do credit their competitive offerings for the existence of things like aio.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
You know, I believe that's exactly what I said.

My point was that AIO was probably created in order to compete since T-Mobile came out with the UNcarrier plans. I was responding to your saying you would have left earlier if AT&T prices were more competitive.

Anyhow, there's no point in continuing this debate since we've veered way off the original topic of the 920 being used on T-Mobile. I just felt compelled to respond to your anti-T-Mo/pro-AT&T/AIO comment since I actually have had a 920 running on the network with zero issues. There are clearly many others beside me. I just don't understand why you felt the need to come into a thread that clearly doesn't mention anything you would care about since you're happy with AIO and evidently (from other threads as well) despise T-Mo. Obviously, people leave AT&T for T-Mobile because they find it worthwhile.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I just wish the US's carriers would finally use all the same wireless bands again... would fix any future issues (as well as being cheaper for them).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12