- 05-12-2013, 03:11 AM #1
I just unlocked my Lumia 920(I had been using it on Att Gophone for the past 4 months) and I just went and got my T-mobile Sim card today
and popped it in.
Voice works perfectly fine but I have two questions
1. What are the correct Internet and MMS apn settings for my 920 to be used on T-mobile US?
2. What kind of speeds can i expect with the 920 on T-mobile?
- 05-12-2013, 04:28 PM #4
You can either try this:
APN: epc.tmoble.com (all other fields blank)
Cellular Settings: choose 3G
Internet APN: APN: epc.tmobile.com (all other fields blank)
MMS APN: APN: epc.tmobile.com
MMSC URL: http://mms.msg.eng/t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS port: 80
Max MMS size: 1024 (all other fields blank)
If this doesn't work, you can always download the Access Point app. That's what I used on my 920 when the settings above didn't work for me.
05-12-2013, 06:57 PM #5
- 11 Posts
I got my 920 unlocked and used it since May 9th (the official unlock date) on T-mobile. It was running level 1314.
The good: LTE worked great. I'm in DC, an LTE area. It's also a re-farmed 1900 4G area. At work the 1900 isn't totally re-farmed yet so I did see some Edge there. There is no AWS band for UMTS, only LTE, hence the need to be in a re-farmed area to fall back on 4G. Of course I used the Nokia Access Point app and just selected T-Mobile LTE to get it running. MMS and everything worked perfectly, EXCEPT mobile hotspot.
The bad: Mobile hotspot doesn't work. If you get it going you break the MMS. Lots of threads here about it - I'm sure someone will sort it out eventually.
The REALLY BAD: If I did any kind of update from the market, such as an app and then powered the phone off, it would get caught in a reboot cycle permanently. I had to remove the T-Mobile SIM and replace it with my old ATT SIM to get it to boot up. Once fully up, I could turn it off, put the T-Mobile SIM back in, power it on, and all was good. But that was going to be too much drama for me. There were two updates just in the days I had it and it did it both times. So I'm just going give up.
05-13-2013, 02:45 PM #6
- 18 Posts
Ok, I have two Lumia 920's. One was unbranded from BUILD, and it does indeed have "access point" at the bottom of settings to automatically add T-Mobile LTE. But the other is an AT&T branded 920 that I just got unlocked. When I go to settings I cannot find "access point". I do see under cellular settings the capability to manually add APN settings.
Edit: Okay I found out how to get the Access Point app installed. In case there is anyone else out there with this issue. From your phone, go to this link.
Last edited by Aaron M; 05-13-2013 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Answered my own question
- 05-14-2013, 10:20 PM #7What I use: Lumia 1520....Simply the best Windows Phone you can. Anything else is settling for less<3
- 05-14-2013, 10:26 PM #9What I use: Lumia 1520....Simply the best Windows Phone you can. Anything else is settling for less<3
- 05-15-2013, 03:34 PM #11
Unlocked my AT&T branded 920 today. Inserted my T-Mobile SIM, ran the Nokia Access Point software. My 920 is good to go on T-Mobile. I have updated apps without any issues. I was going to purchase the Nokia 925 when it came out but not now....I'm happy with my 920.
- 05-15-2013, 04:12 PM #13Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
Last updated: 05/13/2013
- 05-15-2013, 05:10 PM #14
(Thanks to AaronM for directing me to it).
aand then look in your settings and scroll to the bottom for access point
- 05-16-2013, 07:54 PM #16
In the Philly area no LTE yet but on my unlocked AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 I do get 4G probably just the refarmed 1900mhz. The phone seems to have the aws bands locked out and would be nice if anyone can share correct files process to enable aws bands on this phone to get all of TMobile.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
05-17-2013, 12:13 AM #17
- 82 Posts
Apparently it is POSSIBLE to enable AWS 3G on the ATT L920 but people are having difficulty reproducing the method first found in January (by a few people who were lucky enough to get an unlock code from AT&T that early)
AT&T Lumia 920 on AWS 3G (1700/2100) IS POSSIBLE - xda-developers
- 05-17-2013, 07:59 AM #18
Yes but no one seems to be sharing the files of the different roms necessary. Apparently, Nokia closed that down earlier in the year so that Nav app does not get them now.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
- 05-17-2013, 09:08 AM #19Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.
Treo 750 hacks thread.
05-25-2013, 03:14 PM #25
- 8 Posts
- By eshy in forum T-MobileReplies: 2Last Post: 04-01-2013, 09:51 PM
- By Dean Macke in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 03-27-2013, 10:02 AM
- By Dinky89484 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 12-24-2012, 11:59 PM
- By aubreyq in forum Nokia Lumia 710Replies: 0Last Post: 01-18-2012, 09:47 PM
- By KingCrimson in forum Nokia Lumia 710Replies: 1Last Post: 12-29-2011, 08:32 AM