Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 198
Like Tree25Likes
  1. vs6xfx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am downloading the 1314 via Nokia Care Suite as below:
    download-1314-roger-lumia-920.jpg
    Thanked by:
    borasar and jojapath like this.
  2. borasar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    455 Posts
    #2  
    Finally!
    good to know it's on the way, i'm gonna try to wait for the OTA for now, hopefully it won't take too long

    VS, did you have connection issues with 1308? If so, can you please update on how things are after you install 1314.

    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vs6xfx View Post
    I am downloading the 1314 via Nokia Care Suite as below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Download 1314 for Roger Lumia 920.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	33839
  3. jojapath's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    313 Posts
    #3  
    At last! :-)

    Now let's see how long it's gonna take Rogers to push it OTA ...
    borasar likes this.
  4. vs6xfx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
       #4  
    wp_ss_20130512_0001.png
    Quote Originally Posted by borasar View Post
    Finally!
    good to know it's on the way, i'm gonna try to wait for the OTA for now, hopefully it won't take too long

    VS, did you have connection issues with 1308? If so, can you please update on how things are after you install 1314.

    Thanks
    I have no issue with 1308 cause I added the Access Points to allow the FULL capability of Text and MMS service on TMO while I need to SACRIFY the use of Internet Sharing.

    Right now, after I updated to the 1314, I disable to installation of ACCESS POINT to regain the Internet Sharing capability to allow connecting to 8 devices but the issue I am having now is the MMS is not working at all.

    Have tried several MMS settings but could not find any to allow sending of MMS.

    For security reason, I have removed partial information regarding the physical address of MAC and SIM from the above screen capture.
    Thanked by:
    borasar and jojapath like this.
  5. TruPlaya187's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    606 Posts
    #5  
    What's the changes in 1314?
  6. borasar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    455 Posts
    #6  
    supposed to fix connectivity issues caused by 1308
    Quote Originally Posted by TruPlaya187 View Post
    What's the changes in 1314?
    Thanked by:
    jojapath likes this.
  7. jojapath's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    313 Posts
    #7  
    Could you please confirm that the connectivity issues are resolved with this update!...
  8. vs6xfx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jojapath View Post
    Could you please confirm that the connectivity issues are resolved with this update!...
    I have no problem at all with TMO and always on their 4G network operating on 2100MHz cause my area do not have LTE yet.
    This will take some time to test it out cause just have phone updated a couple of hours ago and need to re-configure all of my other APPS.
    Thanked by:
    jojapath likes this.
  9. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,686 Posts
    #9  
    This is ******* stupid 😠 i just downgraded my firmware to 1249, aargghh
    jojapath likes this.
  10. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,686 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by vs6xfx View Post
    I have no problem at all with TMO and always on their 4G network operating on 2100MHz cause my area do not have LTE yet.
    This will take some time to test it out cause just have phone updated a couple of hours ago and need to re-configure all of my other APPS.
    So hows the phone behaving since the update?
  11. JammyGitz's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    198 Posts
    #11  
    Still 1308 on EE UK on Nokia Care Suite :(
  12. benjaminries's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #12  
    I have an Rogers black 920 (RM820) running on Wind Mobile (Canada, HSPA on AWS), and just flashed to Rogers 1314 (was previously on the EURO DEV 1308 rom). Huge improvement in connection speed.

    On both the 1308 Rogers and the 1308 Euro roms, my data speeds in Toronto were slow and the connection flaky. Less than 2M down and 0.1M up on speedtest.net.

    Now on 1314, installed, got MS account over WiFi and installed Nokia Access Point to get Wind APN, and it still seemed sluggish. Set the highest connection speed from LTE to 3G, restarted, and went outside.

    The phone took a little while to find a network tower after booting up, but now it is doing a new thing: the icon at the top right shows "4G" and when it does, over 6M down and over 2M up on speedtest.net. Occasionally it drops back to "3G" and is slower, but when I try to load something data-intensive it bursts up to "4G". On the 1308 roms it was always "3G", always slow.

    I think "4G" = HSPA+, and "3G" = UMTS, at least on Wind Mobile - since they don't have an LTE network yet. And I think the connection issues many have experienced with the 1308 ROMs - on Wind, if not on other networks - have been based on an inability to reach HSPA+.
    Last edited by benjaminries; 05-13-2013 at 10:40 AM.
    Thanked by:
  13. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,686 Posts
    #13  
    What 1314 rom are u using?
  14. benjaminries's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by pankaj981 View Post
    What 1314 rom are u using?
    Uh, the one announced by this very thread:
    RM-820 VAR AMERICA CA ROGERSWIR SL BLACK 1232.5962.1314.0000
  15. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,686 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by benjaminries View Post
    Uh, the one announced by this very thread:
    RM-820 VAR AMERICA CA ROGERSWIR SL BLACK 1232.5962.1314.0000
    good to know that, i hope they push it out today, i am just fed up with these issues, i had to go back to my solid 810 for a while
  16. borasar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    455 Posts
    #16  
    I wish, but doubt they'll push it out today
    Quote Originally Posted by pankaj981 View Post
    good to know that, i hope they push it out today, i am just fed up with these issues, i had to go back to my solid 810 for a while
  17. benjaminries's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #17  
    Yeah, I don't know why you would wait for them to push. If you've got a Rogers 920, and you've been having connection issues, this is worth the manual update.
  18. borasar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    455 Posts
    #18  
    do you have to fully flash the phone? as in do you have to reinstall all the apps and reconfigure all the settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by benjaminries View Post
    Yeah, I don't know why you would wait for them to push. If you've got a Rogers 920, and you've been having connection issues, this is worth the manual update.
  19. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,686 Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by borasar View Post
    do you have to fully flash the phone? as in do you have to reinstall all the apps and reconfigure all the settings?
    yes
    Thanked by:
  20. borasar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    455 Posts
    #20  
    i'll wait a bit, too much of a headache to jump ship right away. Also want to see more feedback from people that get this.
  21. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,686 Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by borasar View Post
    i'll wait a bit, too much of a headache to jump ship right away. Also want to see more feedback from people that get this.
    well we dont have a choice anyways but update
  22. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,686 Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by benjaminries View Post
    Uh, the one announced by this very thread:
    RM-820 VAR AMERICA CA ROGERSWIR SL BLACK 1232.5962.1314.0000
    Do you work for Nokia? If not how did you download the latest firmware using NCS? The moment I hit work offline it doesn't let me download anything.

    Edit: Never mind, people who are interested can refer to this link:

    http://blinkthinks.wordpress.com/201...hout-navifirm/
  23. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,686 Posts
    #23  
    Ok i updated last night, no heating issues anymore but data has become slow
  24. metalchick719's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,278 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,281 Global Posts
    #24  
    No 1314 update for my Rogers 920 yet. But it's okay because I haven't been having issues with 1308 so far.
  25. borasar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    455 Posts
    #25  
    can you post your speedtest stats please? do you have LTE?
    Quote Originally Posted by pankaj981 View Post
    Ok i updated last night, no heating issues anymore but data has become slow
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-19-2013, 06:48 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-03-2012, 10:50 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 12:47 PM
  4. Lumia 920 Available for Pre-order on Telstra, Australia
    By imZadok in forum Upcoming & Rumored Devices
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 10:13 PM
  5. Lumia 920 Available for Pre-order on Telstra, Australia
    By imZadok in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 07:45 PM

Posting Permissions