1314 for Roger Lumia 920 available

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
21 days????????
even if you had a nuclear powerplant the 920 would not last 21 days HAHA
Err... With 1308, my phone was saying 20+ hours of total battery life. Now, since yesterday after updating to 1314, it's telling me I have only 9 hours and change of battery! WTF is that?? I did sorta debate whether or not to just stick it out with 1308 since it gave me zero issues. :unhappy:

EDIT: Nevermind... I just checked my battery meter and it's now at 97% battery... Even says "21 days, 4 hours and 14 mins," so I guess I'm good after all! :winktongue:

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
i've actually noticed an improvement in the battery so far, probably cause the network doesn't continuously jump. Its almost noon and i'm at 100% after listening to music and getting a fair amount of emails

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i've actually noticed an improvement in the battery so far, probably cause the network doesn't continuously jump. Its almost noon and i'm at 100% after listening to music and getting a fair amount of emails

Another illusion. If you reboot the phone, it will display the proper %

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
nope, still at 100%, that being said, i still think you're right about this, no way it can still actually be at 100%, however given the fact that i'm usually below 70% at this point, i still consider it an improvement
Another illusion. If you reboot the phone, it will display the proper %

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
So to be more precise, I'm running an unlocked Rogers Lumia 920 batch 46 on TELUS. The apn settings in cellular is useless because wp8 has no way to specify a tethering apn. Many carriers have distinct apns for internet, mms and tethering (aka internet sharing). The access point app is the only way to set the tethering apn. It reads the apn info off the SIM card and sets it.

Now even with the updated access point app, the profiles don't stick. I tried creating a dummy profile and switching back to TELUS with no results. I am down to doing a hard reset... Any other ideas?
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
21 days????????
even if you had a nuclear powerplant the 920 would not last 21 days HAHA

Yeah, I know, LMFAO!! I just thought it was funny because I'd never even seen THAT long amount of time show up on my 810's battery meter. Now it's saying 2 days and change, but I can live with that. :wink:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So to be more precise, I'm running an unlocked Rogers Lumia 920 batch 46 on TELUS. The apn settings in cellular is useless because wp8 has no way to specify a tethering apn. Many carriers have distinct apns for internet, mms and tethering (aka internet sharing). The access point app is the only way to set the tethering apn. It reads the apn info off the SIM card and sets it.

Now even with the updated access point app, the profiles don't stick. I tried creating a dummy profile and switching back to TELUS with no results. I am down to doing a hard reset... Any other ideas?
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
Delete the dummy in access point then delete the settings iin cellular settings. Activate your correct operator now and then re enter the apn settings in cellular if needed

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Delete the dummy in access point then delete the settings iin cellular settings. Activate your correct operator now and then re enter the apn settings in cellular if needed

I tried that but even with the Access Point update, as soon as I select Bell, it tries to activate and then closes the app.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Joined the convo a bit late but estactic to see we have finally been given the update. Can anyone that's actually with Rogers as their carrier that experienced connectivity problems previous confirm our issues are resolved? My main concerns were signal drops, LTE speeds, broken internet sharing and MMS instability.

Are all these working perfectly for those on Rogers now? BTW, were you all able to get this OTA on data or only Wifi?

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok I've just notice that since the update 1314 I went back to LTE but tonight while on the bus back home, my streaming music stopped like 3-4 times. Went back to 3G-4G and didn't have a song stopped

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Again, after this update my Internet Sharing and Access Point app. stopped working. I did this:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/211644-2.htm#post1968529

And It strarted working again! It seems that everytime there's an update, I'll have to do this. It works for me. Try it and do the EXACT same thing as described and it should work.

(Just one more thing, this time I had to do it 3 times before it started to work !!! Don't know why...)

Last edited:

theppy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm having some problems with whatsapp, and overall the battery life seems to have lowered a little. Gona take a deep look on that. Oh, and the wifi is having issues as well. Ugh

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you mind telling me how to downgrade it? I am encountering battery drain issues after I installed 1314.
i have the 1249 firmware downloaded for my Rogers 920, i did a dead flash using NCS and that was it. I would suggest resetting the phone once and install only the Nokia system apps but Access Point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte