1314 for Roger Lumia 920 available

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Just encountered a few odd things after the update a couple hours ago.. Firstly I couldn't to anything that required a data connection from IE to the Facebook app.. To YouTube.. Everything had a connection timeout. What was even weirder was my phone was also connected to WiFi. So I turned off WiFi and tried again. Same thing results. No WebPages would load, nothing data required would load. Keep in mind these all worked after the initial update.

Suddenly a random reboot occurs after turning WiFi off and on then trying to launch IE again! After the reset internet still wasn't working. By now the phone was pretty warm. Battery showed a significant drop in the last 1 hour. I put the phone down for a few minutes. Picked it back up and now all data was magically working again and the phone cooled off slowly.

Anyone else notice anything unusual yet. As in that it wasn't happening before the update? I'm on Rogers btw. My girlfriends 920 is on Wind and her MMS is broken even with mms apn entered manually.

EDIT: Rogers just reported internet service issues in Southern Ontario which makes sense lol. However the random reboot still stands as a bit concerning

Last edited:

ivo03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Battery: same as 1308 (2-3) days based on first day of usage (83% remained after 16.5 hours)
Camera: very quick auto focus, way better than on 1308.

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So far I haven't really had any issues. Data connection is great now.
....ok ok, one tiny issue but this happened on 1308 too: the double wide weather flow tile always displays 0% chance of precipitation.......make it med size and it displays correctly.....jump back to double wide and it says 0% again...,.this is more app specific though.....anybody else have weather flow?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
....ok ok, one tiny issue but this happened on 1308 too: the double wide weather flow tile always displays 0% chance of precipitation.......make it med size and it displays correctly.....jump back to double wide and it says 0% again...,.this is more app specific though.....anybody else have weather flow?

Yes that's an issue, contact the developer and he should be able to help.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I had battery drain issues as well but its improving with time

Ok thanks for heads up, i was hoping this was the case. im wondering if this was the same with my previous S3, because by 7 months the battery was great.

Last edited:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Battery: same as 1308 (2-3) days based on first day of usage (83% remained after 16.5 hours)
Camera: very quick auto focus, way better than on 1308.

Sometimes I have to wonder. Even if my phone is totally idle , it drains at 2% an hour. You're more like 1% per hour. Do you even use your phone? lol

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
it is an app specific issue, I messaged the dev, you should do the same info@distinction.hu. Once again if more people send them a message they'll address it quicker.

Coan

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
anyone else having issues with access point crashing since the update? most of my battery drain issues are generally(probably) related to dealing with Wind's network, and AP had fixed most of that. Now, my settings should be unchanged, but i'm slightly paranoid that I may have issues anyway...

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I can vouch for people having issues with Access Point. My phone doesnt reboot, but everytime i try to pick one of the pre-defined APN's (i.e. Rogers LTE or Rogers 3G)...it just goes back to Settings screen and they're deactivated. Luckily for me my carrier handles APN auto, so no need to play around with it. But for people relying on it, lame. Hopefully the Carrier > APN settings can override Access Point problems.

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I can vouch for people having issues with Access Point. My phone doesnt reboot, but everytime i try to pick one of the pre-defined APN's (i.e. Rogers LTE or Rogers 3G)...it just goes back to Settings screen and they're deactivated. Luckily for me my carrier handles APN auto, so no need to play around with it. But for people relying on it, lame. Hopefully the Carrier > APN settings can override Access Point problems.

+1, I am also experiencing the same problem.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa