Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I bought a 920 the first week it came out and returned it a few weeks after that due to dust getting in the FFC and proximity sensor. Nokia has supposedly fixed this issue with devices manufactured after March or so.

Can any post-April purchasers comment on whether or not they are seeing any dust under their FFC?

Thanks--I'm looking forward to returning to the 920.

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Just curious, did you ever have any issues taking a clear picture with the dust in the FFC? I have some in mine but I've never had any picture issues.
    I must be really lucky. Launch day 920 and no dust.
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu 

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    I never noticed it until people mentioned it on here. I took a video of my cat with it just a couple days ago and it looks perfect.

I've got dust in my ffc camera for second time now, picture quality stays the same but your sensors start failing

Mine is at the point of grainy and bad colored photos with the ffc.
    And the sensor is not working at all. Hard to hang up phone calls. Ordered at the end of March in Australia through Telstra

You can buy the phone now but it depends on when the phone was assembled.
    You can check when the phone was manufactured on the box, next to the IMEI. It is formatted as: Week/Year. So, for example... 49/2012 would be the 49th week in 2012... December 3rd to December 9th 2012...

So my guess would be the latter the built, less flaws ...

Quote Originally Posted by arnieman View Post
    Mine is at the point of grainy and bad colored photos with the ffc.
    And the sensor is not working at all. Hard to hang up phone calls. Ordered at the end of March in Australia through Telstra
    What has telstra said to you about it ? I've had mine fixed only to have it happen a month later

Mine was assembled in feb 2013, no issues yet
    Not sure when mine was assembled but got it around launch.. No issues on my 2nd one. First one got bricked on a reset.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

not sure about the dust problem. but mine doesn't affect the photo quality. i seldom use it anyway. the proximity sensor is another story. some tests told us the dust can't get into there, and the issue is really a firmware problem. i believe this theory because, after i upgraded my 920 to 1308 firmware, i never had that problem anymore.

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadWilliams23 View Post
    I must be really lucky. Launch day 920 and no dust.
    Same.

I bought it on February and no dust

Quote Originally Posted by stride_time View Post
    What has telstra said to you about it ? I've had mine fixed only to have it happen a month later
    I keep palming off talking to Telstra about it. Not even sure if it's covered. How long did it take for you to get your phone back after you sent it? Did they actually seal any holes or clean the dust out at all?

Quote Originally Posted by arnieman View Post
    I keep palming off talking to Telstra about it. Not even sure if it's covered. How long did it take for you to get your phone back after you sent it? Did they actually seal any holes or clean the dust out at all?
    They gave me a list of all the items performed and it said they resealed the sensors but either they didn't even try or just average workmanship. They did clean the existing dust out though.
    Dropped it off at a Telstra shop on a Sunday and collected Saturday afternoon after calling many times to see if it was in store

Quote Originally Posted by stride_time View Post
    They gave me a list of all the items performed and it said they resealed the sensors but either they didn't even try or just average workmanship. They did clean the existing dust out though.
    Dropped it off at a Telstra shop on a Sunday and collected Saturday afternoon after calling many times to see if it was in store
    I might have to bring mine in and let you know how they treat me (fingers crossed they treat me well and repair my phone properly)