Custome engraving on Lumia 920

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I was just surfing the web and i found this link Nokia Lumia 800 Dark Knight Edition, Only 40 in the World .

Does anyone know if we can get custom engraving on our lumia , its like people get for apple products.

Will the phone body support it ? . anyone tried it ?

Thanks in advance :)

this is kinda funny. I work for a company that makes such an engraving machine. Nokia sent us samples to test last year. The results weren't great; it appears they went with another manufacturer.

But to answer your question, yes it can be done. The results vary depending on the PC formulation and pigments used. For example, I laser marked on the cyan shell for my 810. The resulting mark is grey-brown. There will usually be some discoloration, but of course it won't show on a black case.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Also, anodized aluminum is by far the easiest material to mark. Hence you see many customized apple products. Polycarbonate is an organic material and is much less forgiving.

siriustds

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply , i have the black shell and was thinking about getting it somehow as it looks cool i think ..do you know where i can get it or something..Would be grateful ..:)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes