Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi All,

I was just surfing the web and i found this link Nokia Lumia 800 Dark Knight Edition, Only 40 in the World .

Does anyone know if we can get custom engraving on our lumia , its like people get for apple products.

Will the phone body support it ? . anyone tried it ?

Thanks in advance :)

Quote Originally Posted by siriustds View Post
    Hi All,

I was just surfing the web and i found this link Nokia Lumia 800 Dark Knight Edition, Only 40 in the World .

Does anyone know if we can get custom engraving on our lumia , its like people get for apple products.

Will the phone body support it ? . anyone tried it ?

Thanks in advance :)
    this is kinda funny. I work for a company that makes such an engraving machine. Nokia sent us samples to test last year. The results weren't great; it appears they went with another manufacturer.

But to answer your question, yes it can be done. The results vary depending on the PC formulation and pigments used. For example, I laser marked on the cyan shell for my 810. The resulting mark is grey-brown. There will usually be some discoloration, but of course it won't show on a black case.
    Thanked by:

Also, anodized aluminum is by far the easiest material to mark. Hence you see many customized apple products. Polycarbonate is an organic material and is much less forgiving.
    Thanked by:

Thanks for your reply , i have the black shell and was thinking about getting it somehow as it looks cool i think ..do you know where i can get it or something..Would be grateful ..:)

We don't do jobs, only manufacture and sell the equipment. Where are you located?

India , But i doubt anyone will do that here .

I've sent you a PM with the phone number of our India dealer. They can probably help you better than I.