AT&T Lumia 920 in UK

agolding

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Currently live in the UK but really want a cyan Lumia, thinking of importing a handset and unlocking it now its supported. Does anyone know if the bands work properly in the UK?

Thanks!

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I believe the only countries with cyan 920s are US and Australia.
The US model is the RM-820 (different to uk one)
However the Aus model is the RM-821 (same as uk one)

Unfortunately the cyan 920 is exclusive to Telstra (a carrier).
Fortunately all Telstra 920s come unlocked straight out of the box and can be bought outright without a contract............EXCEPT FOR THE CYAN ONE!!!

Aint that something! Don't know why the severe restrictions on the cyan model :/

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Got myself a white 920 and went to a Nokia care centre, was told that a case change could be done. Did not ask price but was assured that this will not affect warranty of the device.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Got myself a white 920 and went to a Nokia care centre, was told that a case change could be done. Did not ask price but was assured that this will not affect warranty of the device.

^Yep, they do this. In Australia the exact price is $118 (including shipping to and from the centre, so if you can actually walk to one, itll probs be cheaper). Also i'm sure the pricing varies by country.

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Buy the casing and change it out yourself. Someone installed a yellow case on their originally black 920. Search for it.
It's pretty easy to swap out the case, the only somewhat tricky part is the inductive charging coil.
Now how difficult it is to find cyan housing I do not know.

DanX3k

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I actually managed to bag myself a genuine matt cyan housing cover on eBay last week. It arrived on Monday. Once I received it, I went to the local nokia care shop who agreed to fit it for ?30. The engineer checked over it and compared it to one of their cover's and he confirmed it was genuine and was impressed I got hold of it. I am now one of the lucky few to have a cyan lumia 920 in the UK :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99