Windows Phone Backup/Restore

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
The unthinkable happened to me earlier: my Lumia 920 fell out of its holster and landed with a *SPLAT* face down on the concrete. Needless to say, the screen was shattered. Unfortunately, I actually need my phone with me to answer emails and talk to clients, so I had to go get a replacement. After popping in my SIM into the new phone and setting up my account, everything synced down. Texts, apps, colors, etc.

I used to be on Android up until December, and went through about 5-6 different models. I have to say that this is the smoothest backup/restore I've ever encountered. The only thing I had to do was set up my tiles, change a few settings, and put my music back onto my phone. I'm really surprised that Microsoft isn't getting more praise for having done this correctly. They have my thumbs up of approval.

Oh, and because I believe everyone should feel my pain, some pics post-accident.
DSC02098.jpgDSC02097.jpgDSC02096.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ouch! Poor 920 really got messed up. :cry:

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get a new one and were able to restore it quickly and easily. :smile:

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I really am surprised that no one is talking about the ease and reliability of the backup/restore. Never have I owned a phone that backed up and restored even my texts so reliably without manual intervention. Needless to say, I was impressed with the whole process.

Manny C

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Those pictures are breaking my heart! :crying:
Awesome to hear about how smooth the back-up process went for you though!

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
yea Microsoft really got the backup/restore down.
now they just need to remember saved games and tiles arrangement and app settings.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
One thing that didn't back up and I forgot to set were my alarms. Luckily, my internal clock is pretty spot on and I woke up right on time this morning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs