Lumia 920 - Cam use as wireless webcam

Varco Malena

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm doint some live streams with 2 HD webcams. Now I would like to use the nokia lumia 920 as an action-webcam.
The idea is to connect the cam to the network or even directly to the pc.
Is there some app which supports something like this?

I would just see the 920's cam on my computer...

thanks for ur support!

Varco Malena

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
but the app isn't really working on my environment. don't know why...?
I purchased it and installed the app and software on pc as well.
I tried to start broadcasting and I clicked "connect" in the pc software. Both devices are connected to the same wifi area.
I deactivated the firewall... but nothing diplayed on the pc window... any ideas?
shall I open a new thread?

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
but the app isn't really working on my environment. don't know why...?
I purchased it and installed the app and software on pc as well.
I tried to start broadcasting and I clicked "connect" in the pc software. Both devices are connected to the same wifi area.
I deactivated the firewall... but nothing diplayed on the pc window... any ideas?
shall I open a new thread?

I would not start a new thread.

As the last person stated (johninsj) said, contact the developer.

Varco Malena

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
May I ask, for what purpose?
Why do you want to do this? What is the goal?
Yes of course.
I'm a DJ and I do play some live sets with webcams via livebeats.com (its like a youtube video but live). Till now I had just two fix webcam, but the phones cam is so good as an actioncam (there are examples on youtube showing how excellent the cam of lumia 920 is working as actioncam) that I would like to use it as described. and one more thing which is necessary to a actioncam - the lumia would work over wifi, so no cable is connected to the cam - this is very usefull!

the environment looks like follows:

-streaming program: Wirecast (professional TV cutter)
-2x fix installed webcams logitec HD 1080p
-1x actioncam wifi lumia 920 with camera man

in wirecaster i can choose the 2 cams and then i can choose the program or even an ip cam. thats why i was asking if it's possible to connect the lumia cam over ip.

I have as well an gopro hero 3 silver - but it isn't really working over wifi to stream directly - it is just saving the video on its memory.
But as I have seen the videos of gopro 3 and lumia 920 are quiet similar (or 920 is better) this is amasing!!!

Livebeats - Your Virtual Stage is the site were I'm doing my streams

Last edited:

Elrinth

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
One should be able to create either (1) An app which uses bluetooth to transfer the video data to your pc... Or (2) An app which uses wifi to transfer the video data to your pc. But I'm not sure how to get it to appear as a Webcam in your OS.

sicnarf033

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I am also trying to find out how to do this. I have a lumia 1020 and stream my dj sets on mixify.com. Unfortunately, I won't have two other cameras but instead will be using the windows phone as the main cam. I don't know how much that might hinder the quality (if at all) but I just want something to start out/begin with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720