Nokia (Doesn't) Care Philippines

batkingnz

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get results from Nokia Care in the Philippines or who I could contact to make a complaint about the time on a repair? If so, please let me know. I just want my phone back!

25 days ago now I took my Lumia 920 to Nokia Care in SM Dasmarinas, I'm not sure if this is a licensed third party or if this is owned by Nokia Philippines or even if Nokia Philippines is even part of Nokia or if it's just a licensed company here independently owned... whatever, they are representing the brand and for me have devalued it immensely.

04-25-13 : Took the phone to the Care point. It is no longer responding to touch. Was accused of somehow squishing the phone and this is why the touch does not work anymore... I take great care of my phones, this is the third touch Nokia I have after the N8 and N9 and I never had problems with those, I know with the larger screen it's going to be more sensitive in this respect, I still take offence at what was implied. Regardless, phone was accepted for repair under warranty or at my cost if it's not covered (let's deal with that if I ever get it back).

05-03-13 : Received SMS from Nokia Care -- Good day. Please be informed that your unit is still waiting for board replacement this is currently being processed. We'll update you once repair completed and or ready for pick up in the center. Thank you.

05-08-13 : I replied again asking for an update and details of the repair as the wait time now since delivering it to care has been unacceptable. No Reply.

05-09-13 : Replied again. No Reply.

05-10-13 : Replied again asking again for the update and details and this time received a reply from Nokia Care with the exact same message as the original telling me about board replacement and being processed.

05-17-13: Sent another message asking when I will get my phone back as originally I was told at the care center it will be returned within 14 working days which has long since passed. As yet I have received no reply.

I also used the online chat and with my job number they gave me the exact same update I received in my SMS and were not even receptive to any of the concerns I raised around timeframe and what exactly am I waiting for.

The Nokia Philippines Facebook staff were however seemingly helpful, when I raised my concerns with them a week ago, they informed me they had escalated it to the Care Center and I would receive contact from them... but I didn't. Props to the Social Media staff but I'm still stuck at the same point.

My problems are these; It is too far outside of the 14 days quoted at the center but even ignoring that the time taken so far is unacceptable. 25 days with no meaningful update on what is happening. Are they waiting for a part, do they have work backed up? What? As a consumer this is the worst service I have received from any company. The stereotypical useless plumber works faster than this. Secondly, the communication has been terrible. Not replying to messages, sending a scripted message when I obviously have a concern.

This is poor customer service and this will probably be my last Nokia in the Philippines. I love the phones, have hated the after sales service. Nokia Doesn't Care Center more like it. From a 3315 up through numerous models including N95, E63, E71, N8, N9 and a few candybar models that I can't recall. That's a kind of brand loyalty you can't buy. This was my first and hopefully last experience with Nokia Care here and it's still not even over.

Please someone give me some information that might help repair this customer's loyalty.

Charles Ong

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Im from philippines also and i know just how you feel.
Nokia care service is absolutely horrid. Its like the people working there are incompetent or something
i had my fair share of problem with my 920, the freezing issue,which is common. They told me that they have not encountered this kind of problen before and that its only a software bug. I was baffled when they are not even familiar of the soft reset trick.suffice to say,they were unable to fix the problem and gave no real plausible solution.

What i find ridiculous is that they are unwilling to replace the phone even when its painfully obvious that i got a defective unit. Fortunately i bought my phone from an independent retailer and was able to have it replaced. Since then i had minimal problem.

Sadly this is far too common here in the philippines. I have yet to encounter a company with good customer service. I got used to the crap standard held here that i wasnt even expecting much to begin with. Hopefully you solve all your issues. Cheers

pconge

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Oh no I have my Lumia 920 for warranty at the same Nokia Care in Dasmarinas. It has been there since Sunday and no updates til now. Any news on your unit? If this lasts till Friday I can email Elop and the nokia resolution PM me for your email address so I can copy you. My Lumia 920 was only 7 days old.

batkingnz

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
The level of incompetence is ridiculous and yeah like a lot of companies here the customer service sucks... don't even get me started on PLDT.

You get treated better buying socks in SM than buying a p27000 phone from Nokia. That's the sad part.

The good news though is that I received a call from Nokia Care today, no acknowledgement of my complaint or anything but they told us that the Main PCB needs to be replaced and is coming from overseas and I might have it back this week. They said they would call again tomorrow to update. Ok so had I been told in the first place it's not on hand and it's being ordered from overseas then that might have changed the experience a bit, providing they had actually communicated with estimated lead times etc. If I hadn't of chased this I don't expect they would have told me anything until the phone was ready for a pick up.

But the other side of my mind is saying 'NO that's still too long to wait. One month is unacceptable and they should have replaced my phone'.

Only in a perfect world.

I'm just hoping with all of this I actually get a working phone back. Maybe they're better at fixing things than talking to people.

pconge, what kind of fault do you have with yours? I would chase them for an update after the first seven days, if there's no results after two weeks then I would start to hound them through chat, the hotline, facebook, the complaint form on the nokia website. It's time consuming but in my case I actually started to get some useful information from them.

kronozWalker

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I got the same sentiment.

Mine was a Lumia 720 I suppose to use as a secondary phone. Sim Tray was defective (sometimes it cannot detect the sim). I brought it back to the store where I bought it. They wanted to replace the SIM tray immediately but later realized it contained the IMEI and feared it might void the warranty so they advised me to have the unit checked by Nokia Care (Megamall).

To make the story short, 3 weeks later I'm still receiving texts that my issue was already brought to Level 3 and was still waiting for the needed part (aka SIM f***ng tray) to arrive. No ETC given. They can't answer why can't they just pull out a working SIM tray from other existing units.

They don't entertain replacement requests.

I can't understand why they can't think of a faster, more efficient way of handling customer complaints. I have another smartphone (from a different brand) with the whole screen replaced in just a week!

I was really hoping I could fully migrate to the Lumia and their future iterations. But their after sales support (at least in the Philippines) thinks I should probably stay farther away where I can't disturb them with their incompetence.

pogi920

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear all your sentiments Kabbyan,here in Thailand it's different story, my l920 has dusts in ffc but its not really a problem because the dusts doesn't interfere with the ffc functions but I just want to have it clean before it becomes a problem, so I went to a Nokia care shop here and they check the phone and told me to comeback after 2hours so I did comeback at the said time and boom they replaced the front glass cover and fixed the issue..ONLY 2 HOURS AND MY PHONE GOT FIXED..plus free screen protector and a guarantee that the same issue won't happen again..

kronozWalker

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear all your sentiments Kabbyan,here in Thailand it's different story, my l920 has dusts in ffc but its not really a problem because the dusts doesn't interfere with the ffc functions but I just want to have it clean before it becomes a problem, so I went to a Nokia care shop here and they check the phone and told me to comeback after 2hours so I did comeback at the said time and boom they replaced the front glass cover and fixed the issue..ONLY 2 HOURS AND MY PHONE GOT FIXED..plus free screen protector and a guarantee that the same issue won't happen again..
Wow OA!! haha I wish we had the same people who don't want to lose their customers.
Struggling na nga yung market share, hindi pa nila inaayos supports nila.

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

Woah! great experience in Thailand. 2 hours to replace the screen. Mine took almost 3 weeks.

Regarding the thread starter's problem. Nokia Care informed me if the 920's motherboard is damaged, the phone should be replaced because the price for that is as good as a new phone. Demand for a new unit and continue to bug them

mox2284

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
As far as i know nokia care here in the philippines isnt really nokia, like you said, i think its like a licensed service center, only that they were allowed to use "Nokia Care" name. just like the nokia stores here, they are owned and operated by different companies using nokia brand name. i had same experience as you with my n8 before. i had it brought in for warranty repairs in megamall, it took more than a month to be replaced because they said that the customs was so slow in processing and releasing the replacement/parts, to be fair though i had been given their number so i could call them for updates. maybe the number you were texting to is a automated machine that cannot process replies. maybe you should try calling the branch or better yet go there and demand to talk to their manager so that you could clear things up.

btw, for comparison, just this january, i had returned a defective plantronics headset for replacement (to plantronics), also took them more than a month to get the replacement unit, they also said that the reason it took so long was because of customs delays... so maybe what nokia care told me was true. although, plantronics did tell me that it could take more than a month before i could get the replacement, that was the only difference cause nokia never gave me any time frame of replacement then.

Last edited:

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Same case as moxx2284 where Nokia reasoned out that the part has to pass througj customs so it may take some time. My nl920 finished its service after 3 weeks of waiting. Nokia Care Phils. was honest to me about the lead time, informing me that my phone will be ready after 2 weeks if everything goes without a hitch. My screen has to be replaced because it shattered (my fault); caused a huge strain on my wallet.

batkingnz

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I was also told that my Main PCB replacement was delayed by waiting for customs. Got told that I could collect the phone from Dasma this weekend. Well didn't receive another update and trying to call the center there got hung up on and then no one will answer the landline all day called about 20 times throughout. I guess that Nokia's mid to high end market share here is too insignificant for them to worry about this useless operation devaluing their brand.

As much as I loved my 920 before, I regret the purchase now. Because I wouldn't consider any other Windows phone over Nokia my only alternative would be Android or iOS. Most likely a Samsung on Android.

Maybe not Nokia's fault but damn Nokia Care here is really useless. Here's hoping I'll get my phone next week.

batkingnz

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
i think u have to call nokia careline, or you go to Latest Mobiles and Smartphones - Nokia - Philippines (left your complaint there)

Oh I definitely complained everywhere I could. Nokia Discussions, On the Web Form, Live Nokia Care Chat, Nokia Philippines Facebook Page. No one took ownership and no one cared or even acknowledged that I had a complaint. The Facebook team did tell me they escalated the issue for me but that was that. Nokia Discussions guys were helpful too but they aren't here in Phils so what's the point?

batkingnz

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
But it would still end up in Makati at Level 3 right? I'm actually emailing Mr. Elop. Whether or not someone see's it, cares or sends me a response is another story. I just want to share how this group is representing Nokia in a bad way.

LanunReviews

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Nokias in Asia generally suck, I can probably relate since I'm in Malaysia and I've heard stories of how horrid their customer service is (aside from their facebook page). Most of the L920 problems seem to be stem from one, and only one issue: faulty motherboards. It makes me wonder who their supplier is and whether they chose the cheapest possible supplier since nearly 80% of the problems I've read about everywhere seem to be motherboard related (frozen screen/unresponsive/dead phone). If this was in the US, they'd replace your flagship phone with a new one instantly. Unfortunately we're in Asia, land of the worst customer service.

pconge

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
@LanunReviews
I agree in the US they would replace a faulty phone with a new one. Customer service in asia sucks. We buy our phones unlocked and even more pricey than what US customers pay for their phones but we do not get equal treatment.

batkingnz

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Got my phone back around 5 tonight. Happy it's all working. Two minor things, the two screws on the bottom of the phone, one is not in properly and I can feel it when my thumb goes across there. Minor but annoying. Secondly, they obviously didn't have the correct SIM removal tool, the small hole is bigger, more mangled and noticeable on the SIM tray now. Feel like I'm picking at anything now but seriously come on... they don't know how to put the phone back together or get a SIM tray out properly? Couldn't be bothered complaining there either as I'm over the whole process. Looks like I'll be up all night again re-downloading my apps and all the ones I missed in the 1month+ without phone :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes