Pros and Cons between Nokia DT 900a and Nokia DT 910 for my new Lumia 920

mukhlisviovix

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hye, i am a new user for windows phone. Yeay me. I just bought a Lumia 920. So i thought of buying a wireless charger for it.

Can any point out to me a bit of the differences between Nokia Wireless Charger DT 900 and DT 910? or can anyone recommend me the best wireless charger out there for my Lumia 920? Thanks in advanced.

Sorry if i'm in the wrong section. I don't know where to post:unhappy:

Anthony Vangeli

May 11, 2013
Visit site
The DT-900 is just the plate, and it lays flat.

The DT-910 is the plate, propped up on a stand, and it has NFC, which can launch an app. (But I think it's in the base, so you need to tap the phone on the stand, then prop it up on the plate, if you want to do anything with the NFC and charge the phone.)

nokia3660

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
First, do you really need a wireless charger? I too was hyped up and decided to get a wireless charger when I got my yellow L920. I didn't really like the DT900 and was almost sold on DT 910. But when I checked out the review on AAWP I wasn't much impressed.

As Anthony mentioned, though it has NFC there is no point in pairing it with the base and propping it up. Check out the below reviews

Nokia DT-900 Wireless Charger - living in the future review - All About Windows Phone
Nokia DT-910 Wireless Charging Stand review - All About Windows Phone

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Really comes down to personal preference. I prefer the plate and dont really like the idea of a stand, so i got the plate!
Both excellent accessories.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The plate is generally cheaper than the stand on eBay. If I was buying either and I've been thinking about it I would buy on eBay they are generally new and they are cheaper than buying from Nokia or other retailers.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
The plate is generally cheaper than the stand on eBay. If I was buying either and I've been thinking about it I would buy on eBay they are generally new and they are cheaper than buying from Nokia or other retailers.

Depends on your country, for me ebay costs $65 for the plate, while the retailer down the road costs $69.
So not really worth going on ebay for me (unless you want a colour the retailer doesnt stock)

megazone23

May 15, 2013
Visit site
First, do you really need a wireless charger? I too was hyped up and decided to get a wireless charger when I got my yellow L920.

That's what other people told me when I started using many new technologies on phone
Bluetooth headset, bluetooth contact and file transfer, bluetooth stereo headphone (first gen iPhone has no bluetooth and people didn't think it's needed until they finally had it)
TV ouptut (analog) from Nokia phones since many years ago (and now every tablet needs HDMI output to sell)
When I said 320x480 on iPhone is too low compared to ther's 480x640 screen (now people are asking 1080p?)
New technologies will deemed unnecessary but will just become part of the life later.

Back to the topics, I'm more interested to have the wireless charging in the car.
From the review, the AC adapter outputs 12V that seems perfect to car use so I can hardwire a charging plate and lay my phone on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon