Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: How many 920's have you had to return

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • None - Only had the 1 handset since I started my contract

38 60.32%
  • Once - I have had to return one handset

13 20.63%
  • Twice - I have had to return two defective handsets

5 7.94%
  • More than 2 - I have returned more than 2 defective handsets

7 11.11%

I seem to see a lot of posts on people having to replace their handsets because they have been defective, so I'm wondering what the general average is for 920's you have owned to give an indication of how reliable they actually are if you have owned one for longer than 3 months

I wonder if you have had to return one, has it dented your confidence in it and how many would you return before you gave up completely.

I'm #2 as I had to return one handset after 30 odd days of usage. The 2nd handset still seems to do odd things that means I'm not sure about it. Actually considering just selling and changing to something else as I'm so concerned about it's reliability to would be interested to see if the majority of people out there actually have decent handsets with no problems...

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts
    I had to return my first one because it would regularly freeze and lock up. It eventually died altogether and Nokia sent me a replacement (not new). The replacement has worked perfectly apart from the camera and there is also a lot of dust in the front facing camera so I'm thinking about sending this one in for repair/replacement.

I'm on my 4th 920, the first 3 were faulty on delivery.

Global Posts
    2,844 Global Posts
    Never had to return a 920 yet, had an original launch one which im now selling as I've got a Rogers one.
    I didn't vote in the poll because my response doesn't fall under any of the above. I'm on my first and only 920, which I got from Negri (unlocked Rogers version). Should something go awry with it, I won't be replacing it with another 920. Since I'm on T-Mobile, I would either go back to my Lumia 810 or wait to get a 925. It's now been three weeks since I've had my 920, though, and I'm having no issues with it.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Had to replace my 920 due to a broken accelerometer. but been working good since, even changed it's colour now:)

Only had one.

I'm on #5; returned two for the "dust" issue, one that bricked when I attempted to reset the phone, and another that shipped to me with a non-functional volume rocker. In fairness to Nokia, all but one of my devices has been an AT&T refurb; my working phone came straight from Nokia as a replacement.

I'm on my second one. The first I had exchanged for dust in the FFC. Besides the dust the first was fantastic and so is the replacement!
    First party accessories are my jam.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    8. Finally settled on this one.
    4 whites, 3 yellows and now I have the black. And don't call me a troll because u might not believe that I've had that many faulty ones. I won't have any more of these problems now since my galaxy s4 came in yesterday:)

Oh, I completely believe it. I'm a Nokia/WP8 fanboy but I went through 6 Lumia 900's and am now on my 5th 920, so there's clearly an issue in QA somewhere... (or I'm extremely picky, but I reserve the right to be with a $400 phone!)

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Can't remember exactly, 1 with huge gap at top, 4 with dust ffc, 1 with overheating issue. At&t finally offered an HTC one replacement and i took it. Using an 820 now as I'm still in the fence about android. Its come a long way since I've been using WP. I may just sell the One and wait for EOS.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyvin View Post
    8. Finally settled on this one.
    4 whites, 3 yellows and now I have the black. And don't call me a troll because u might not believe that I've had that many faulty ones. I won't have any more of these problems now since my galaxy s4 came in yesterday:)
    What is unusual, is AT&T normally allows 4 to 5 returns. When you go in to get your 5th replacement, they normally tell you to select a different phone. If you start to have trouble with your S4 and start the returning process again, they'll just cancel your contract and tell you to go elsewhere.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

None. Pre-ordered from AT&T. I can't vote again for my wifes 920.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    What is unusual, is AT&T normally allows 4 to 5 returns. When you go in to get your 5th replacement, they normally tell you to select a different phone. If you start to have trouble with your S4 and start the returning process again, they'll just cancel your contract and tell you to go elsewhere.
    They asked me if I wanted a different phone many times but I said no. I liked it because note taking was easy in class.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Ironically, just this morning I added a vote for none, this afternoon it did a random reset on me and now wont boot. So I need to redo my vote as I am sending it in to have it fixed. :(

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I currently have my 4th Nokia Lumia 920 but it seems to be wonky and rebooting randomly and dying with 30% battery life left. So probably going to hit number 5 this weekend.

On my 4th