Nice job Nokia/ Lumia 920 customer service

dannyboley

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to say how pleased I am with Nokia 920 customer service. I have sent 2 different phones in for repairs, both of which I have purchased from craigslist (all I had to do was tell them I purchased from an At&T store.) They have repaired both of them and this last one took only 8 days from the time I dropped it off at the UPS Store. I didn't have to pay a penny!

Last edited by a moderator:

dannyboley

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nice job Nokia

Can almost guarantee a refurb. Very rare for companies now to actually repair the device you sent in and send it back.
The first one that was returned to me was repaired. It had all the dents from when I dropped it. It even had a list of the problems that were fixed. I will get the 2nd unit in the mail tomorrow and I will let you know.

dannyboley

May 23, 2013
Visit site

Wow, that really surprises me.
It surprised me too! I kinda wanted a refurb just so the dents would go away, but oh well. The first one had multiple things wrong too: compass always failed, dust behind FCC, could not hang up during calls(had to reboot). The 2nd one was sent in for dead pixels. We shall see.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I sent my device in a month or so ago for dust in the FFC and got exactly the same device back. Same bumps, everything. I was kind of hoping for a new refurbished device at the time but they did a good job, there is no dust in the FFC even today. Really impressed with Nokia right now.

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site

If they think its software, they try to flash it once to newest. If no success and you send it back, you'll get replacement.

If clear hw issue, i don't know. Maybe they have list of things that make sense to repair, otherwise replacement.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site

Can almost guarantee a refurb. Very rare for companies now to actually repair the device you sent in and send it back.

False. Both Samsung (with their crappy cs) and Nokia have returned my original phone to me after sending it in.

Samsung focus sent in twice. First time was for a shattered screen. Second time was for it not powering on (burned out component, i opened it up and looked).

920 - GPS location kept putting me in New York and Maryland, and also the dreaded reboot/freeze issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills