920 Restarting often?

jackbrennan

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm currently using a phone purchased in Sweden on the swedish 1308 firmware. I live in Norway (The country next to Sweden). My phone is just restarting all the time. It's restarted twice in the last 5 minutes.

I have tried to do a factory reset a few times which hasn't solved the problem and it's starting to become a pain because i'm missing phone calls due to it waiting for me to input the sim-card password.

I'm wondering if maybe flashing a Norwegian firmware would give me more stability? For example if i flash the current 1308 from the Norwegian telephone operator Telenor? Or would this cause more problems than it solves?

Thanks for any information.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Jack. First port of call - have you tried a soft reset or a hard reset? It seems like you're able to get into the phone itself, and not stuck in a boot loop. If either reset doesn't work I don't think there's a lot you can really harm by flashing alternate software. If the problem persists I'd say you've got a hardware fault, and Nokia will sort that out for you no problem.

jackbrennan

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes it's unlocked.
As mentioned in my post i did try a factory reset, which i think is called a hard reset. That didn't work. Anyhow, I went ahead and flashed a Norwegian unlocked firmware to the phone a few hours ago and it seems to be working much better now. No restarts since i flashed it. Strange but true... :S

nMIK-3

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
"Frequent Restart" on Lumia 920 is a feature for this device. Nokia just forgot to include that in the spec sheet. #sarcasm

EmolaT

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Same here. However i discovered (after bricking it and had it serviced) that if i turned off LTE/4G and set 3G as max. It did the trick. Not one single restart since. We do not have 4G in my area yet so at the moment i'm just ignoring it. Hoping for an update fix and that the issue is not hardware related.
I have tried asking my provider (Telenor Norway) if it could be simcard related, but they promptly tell me "No, i can see from here that it is working fine"... Facepalm.

jackbrennan

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Same here. However i discovered (after bricking it and had it serviced) that if i turned off LTE/4G and set 3G as max. It did the trick. Not one single restart since. We do not have 4G in my area yet so at the moment i'm just ignoring it. Hoping for an update fix and that the issue is not hardware related.
I have tried asking my provider (Telenor Norway) if it could be simcard related, but they promptly tell me "No, i can see from here that it is working fine"... Facepalm.
That's interesting. So far it hasn't restarted after flashing the firmware, but if it starts up again I'll switch to 3G only and see how it goes. I'm also on Telenor, just got the phone from Sweden :).

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
However i discovered (after bricking it and had it serviced) that if i turned off LTE/4G and set 3G as max. It did the trick. Not one single restart since. We do not have 4G in my area yet so at the moment i'm just ignoring it. Hoping for an update fix and that the issue is not hardware related.
Confirmed (also on Telenor)

Soerdahl

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Too bad I live in Oslo and really appreciate the 4G :unhappysweat:

My restarts seems to happen often after I have used Wordfeud, maybe something 3rd party app realted probs too??!?
Guess I will try a week without 4G :angry::cry:

Update: No sudden restarts with 4G turned off, BUT; Now i have restarted the phone manually 3 times.......wtf.

Update 2: Weeks without problems at all.....no 4G on though :/ Maybe....some day!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos