Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi,

I'm currently using a phone purchased in Sweden on the swedish 1308 firmware. I live in Norway (The country next to Sweden). My phone is just restarting all the time. It's restarted twice in the last 5 minutes.

I have tried to do a factory reset a few times which hasn't solved the problem and it's starting to become a pain because i'm missing phone calls due to it waiting for me to input the sim-card password.

I'm wondering if maybe flashing a Norwegian firmware would give me more stability? For example if i flash the current 1308 from the Norwegian telephone operator Telenor? Or would this cause more problems than it solves?

Thanks for any information.

Global Posts
    4,043 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Hey Jack. First port of call - have you tried a soft reset or a hard reset? It seems like you're able to get into the phone itself, and not stuck in a boot loop. If either reset doesn't work I don't think there's a lot you can really harm by flashing alternate software. If the problem persists I'd say you've got a hardware fault, and Nokia will sort that out for you no problem.

Wait a sec...sim card pswd? Is your phone unlocked?

never

Yes it's unlocked.
    As mentioned in my post i did try a factory reset, which i think is called a hard reset. That didn't work. Anyhow, I went ahead and flashed a Norwegian unlocked firmware to the phone a few hours ago and it seems to be working much better now. No restarts since i flashed it. Strange but true... :S

"Frequent Restart" on Lumia 920 is a feature for this device. Nokia just forgot to include that in the spec sheet. #sarcasm

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    My first Lumia used to restart A LOT, I exchanged it and this one has done it about once or twice
    Nokia Lumia 920 - Black

Same here. However i discovered (after bricking it and had it serviced) that if i turned off LTE/4G and set 3G as max. It did the trick. Not one single restart since. We do not have 4G in my area yet so at the moment i'm just ignoring it. Hoping for an update fix and that the issue is not hardware related.
    I have tried asking my provider (Telenor Norway) if it could be simcard related, but they promptly tell me "No, i can see from here that it is working fine"... Facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by EmolaT View Post
    Same here. However i discovered (after bricking it and had it serviced) that if i turned off LTE/4G and set 3G as max. It did the trick. Not one single restart since. We do not have 4G in my area yet so at the moment i'm just ignoring it. Hoping for an update fix and that the issue is not hardware related.
    I have tried asking my provider (Telenor Norway) if it could be simcard related, but they promptly tell me "No, i can see from here that it is working fine"... Facepalm.
    That's interesting. So far it hasn't restarted after flashing the firmware, but if it starts up again I'll switch to 3G only and see how it goes. I'm also on Telenor, just got the phone from Sweden :).

Quote Originally Posted by EmolaT View Post
    However i discovered (after bricking it and had it serviced) that if i turned off LTE/4G and set 3G as max. It did the trick. Not one single restart since. We do not have 4G in my area yet so at the moment i'm just ignoring it. Hoping for an update fix and that the issue is not hardware related.
    Confirmed (also on Telenor)
    It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and resolve all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

Too bad I live in Oslo and really appreciate the 4G

My restarts seems to happen often after I have used Wordfeud, maybe something 3rd party app realted probs too??!?
    Guess I will try a week without 4G

Update: No sudden restarts with 4G turned off, BUT; Now i have restarted the phone manually 3 times.......wtf.

Update 2: Weeks without problems at all.....no 4G on though :/ Maybe....some day!
    Last edited by Soerdahl; 06-28-2013 at 09:46 PM.