Dead power button on Developer Lumia 920

Chris Bardon

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 Developer Device (from //Build last year) that has a busted power button. Nokia is telling me that there's no warranty on the device, so first attempt was obviously to try to repair it myself. I got as far as getting the housing off and verifying that it was actually the button on the board (and not the housing itself) that had failed. What worse, when I tried a hard reset (just in case), this bricked the device (which I've since recovered with a reflash).

Anyway, I'm wondering if there's anything else that I can try on my own before shipping this to Palco for repair. I'm in Canada, and the local repair centre won't touch it (since it's not a Rogers phone), so I'm looking at paying for the repair (which I'm OK with) plus shipping (which is pricey). There isn't any apparent physical damage on the PCB for the power button, and the volume and camera buttons are fine. Anyone had a similar issue and managed to get a fix?

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Most likely the button itself has failed or the traces on the board have broken. No easy way to repair something like that on your own.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3