Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
Like Tree3Likes
  1. ArmisLt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    So today I received my Lumia 920.
    Opened the box and everything, tried cutting down the sim but didn't work so got a new one.
    The manual had "Lumina 920" written on it

    Then on the back was a protector or whatever and when I peeled that off. There was residue on the carl zeiss strip and the polycarbonate and the strip had scratches on... Not suppose to be there if it's brand new right?

    Let me know if somebody else had the same experiences.

    EDIT: Also, the phone got really hot after 20 minutes of using..
    Last edited by ArmisLt; 05-30-2013 at 10:53 PM.
    lumia8 likes this.
  2. jlp34876's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    the phone got really hot after 20 minutes of using
    Mine gets really hot too when Im using LTE, playing games. But as long as the phone never crash or restart its totally fine with me.
    jrsavery likes this.
  3. nikhilr51's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    339 Posts
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Where did you buy it from?

    You sure those are scratches on the ceramic "nokia" logo? It smudges really easy and its hard to wipe off, but it might not be scratches.
  4. ArmisLt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhilr51 View Post
    Where did you buy it from?

    You sure those are scratches on the ceramic "nokia" logo? It smudges really easy and its hard to wipe off, but it might not be scratches.
    Got it from amazon from the seller wireless experts inc for 418$.
    I was able to wipe off the residue but the strip had visible scratches, the same with the whole back. Scratches all over.
    The box has a smaller circle and then a larger one on top of it, does it mean I received possibly a refurbished item?
    Also, the box says the phone is red, but it's actually black.
  5. nikhilr51's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    339 Posts
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmisLt View Post
    Got it from amazon from the seller wireless experts inc for 418$.
    I was able to wipe off the residue but the strip had visible scratches, the same with the whole back. Scratches all over.
    The box has a smaller circle and then a larger one on top of it, does it mean I received possibly a refurbished item?
    Also, the box says the phone is red, but it's actually black.
    Yeah that sounds really dodgy, probably 2nd hand.

    But you did only pay $418.....so i guess thats not too bad.

    Edit: I take that back, brand new unlocked 920s are selling at $488 (not imports or anything, legit local stock and free wireless charger), so $418 for what sounds like a second hand phone is a bit dodgy.
    WP8fan likes this.
  6. metalchick719's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,354 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,665 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmisLt View Post
    So today I received my Lumia 920.
    Opened the box and everything, tried cutting down the sim but didn't work so got a new one.
    The manual had "Lumina 920" written on it
    It said "Lumina??" Okay, that doesn't sound kosher... I hope you didn't get a counterfeit device. :-/
  7. ArmisLt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    It said "Lumina??" Okay, that doesn't sound kosher... I hope you didn't get a counterfeit device. :-/


    I message amazon customer service and I have 2 options. 1 is return the phone for full refund. 2. they'll refund me 25% of the purchase... so $104~.
    So I chose the refund, I thought I'll be fine with those scratches on the back and I'll want to replace the housing anyway, to cyan hehe(also cyan cc-1043)

    Sorry for the double picture, no idea how to delete
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_20130531_017.jpg   wp_20130531_017.jpg  
  8. chezm's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,356 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    that looks fake bud....the windows symbol (middle bottom) is a perfect sqaure (it shouldnt be, look at comparsions online), as you mentioned its not a Lumia but a LUMINA...that XBOX symbol icon is just wrong.

    I would refund my money and get a proper device. Im not even sure Nokia would cover replacements under that.
    metalchick719 and James8561 like this.
  9. ArmisLt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by chezm View Post
    that looks fake bud....the windows symbol (middle bottom) is a perfect sqaure (it shouldnt be, look at comparsions online), as you mentioned its not a Lumia but a LUMINA...that XBOX symbol icon is just wrong.

    I would refund my money and get a proper device. Im not even sure Nokia would cover replacements under that.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130531_021.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	705.8 KB 
ID:	35016Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130531_022.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	718.1 KB 
ID:	35017Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130531_023.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	858.4 KB 
ID:	35018Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130531_024.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	732.3 KB 
ID:	35019


    I think they just found some chinese manuals and threw it in. The phone looks fine except the scratches on the back.(will replace)
    The att symbol does annoy me but I'll have to do. But 314$ for a lumia isn't bad..
  10. nikhilr51's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    339 Posts
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmisLt View Post
    But 314$ for a lumia isn't bad..
    You keep changing your price! First you said $418!
    If you paid $314 then i guess its a pretty good deal.
  11. metalchick719's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,354 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,665 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    I don't think anything he paid is a good price considering the person who sold this phone obviously knew it was a fake and he got taken. All I know is, I would be pretty pissed if I thought I was buying a legitimate Nokia Lumia 920 and got a counterfeit. The box doesn't even look right. The AT&T logo of the blue and white sphere looks pasted on.
  12. waterfallofdestiny's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    I believe they meant $314 for the phone was after Amazon offered to refund 25% of the cost (which was originally $418).
  13. donteatchalk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    where are you guys getting your prices from? Mint unlocked 920's are ~330 on ebay right now, why overpay by so much o.O
  14. ArmisLt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #14  
    Sorry for the confusion. I paid 418$ and contacted them and they offered 25% refund which will make the phone cost 314$.
    What I think is, the phone seems to be used and then returned and when I peeled off the Don't text and Drive it can wait, the screen was very clear without any finger prints or anything, but the back had lots of scratches.

    I really don't think this is a counterfeit device, but the box has been opened (maybe to unlock the phone?)

    Also, I checked unboxings and my box didn't the the NFC sample thing, the "nokia smart setup", "product and safety information" and the quickstart guide.
    All I got was the phone, charger and the pin.
  15. bawboh86's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    572 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    But it's not a real Lumia. The Windows symbol is wrong. It tapers from the right to the left, not a perfect square. The IE symbol and XBox icons are wrong as well. Yeah, this isn't a real Windows Phone. I agree with others and think you have a counterfeit device.
  16. Jaripi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    694 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    There is a lot of fake brand cell phones in Asia and they look as original ones ... and a price is less than half from an original one ...

    They sale them even on the streets with these aggressive prices, usually outside of malls ...

    Shortly, do not buy them - they will not work properly ....
    WP8fan likes this.
  17. realwarder's Avatar

    Posts
    3,445 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,446 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    Total fake. Return it now!

    Edit: Actually, that picture is only of the user handbook, which is clearly fake as the icons are all wrong.

    I guess the phone could be a genuine refurb... don't see a picture of that.
  18. metalchick719's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,354 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,665 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmisLt View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. I paid 418$ and contacted them and they offered 25% refund which will make the phone cost 314$.
    What I think is, the phone seems to be used and then returned and when I peeled off the Don't text and Drive it can wait, the screen was very clear without any finger prints or anything, but the back had lots of scratches.

    I really don't think this is a counterfeit device, but the box has been opened (maybe to unlock the phone?)

    Also, I checked unboxings and my box didn't the the NFC sample thing, the "nokia smart setup", "product and safety information" and the quickstart guide.
    All I got was the phone, charger and the pin.
    You should get your FULL refund. You were scammed and deserve to get ALL your money back, every last penny. If I were you, I would look into making a complaint and definitely give the seller you got that phone from a horrible rating and review. I mean, WTF??? Stories like this make me really angry.
  19. WPenvy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    364 Posts
    Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    The hell?... fake.
  20. metalchick719's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,354 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,665 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    One question... Does that phone even run WP8??? If it's a counterfeit from China, it's probably an Android device. Ugh...
  21. ArmisLt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    One question... Does that phone even run WP8??? If it's a counterfeit from China, it's probably an Android device. Ugh...
    The phone works fine has att logo and the camera works really well. And yes it has WP8.
    The problem i'm getting now is not able to send MMS, but maybe that's cuz data is blocked on my tmobile.

    What numbers do I need to dial in to show info of the phone and etc?
  22. wpnokia920's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    Damn dude you got took. But its as if your trying to justify your purchase of junk.
    WP8fan likes this.
  23. ArmisLt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #23  
    Here's about section from settings


    Don't mind the bad screen protector, it's temporary and I got new ones.
  24. mister2d's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    481 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,005 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmisLt View Post
    The phone works fine has att logo and the camera works really well. And yes it has WP8.
    The problem i'm getting now is not able to send MMS, but maybe that's cuz data is blocked on my tmobile.

    What numbers do I need to dial in to show info of the phone and etc?

    They sure got the right person to buy this phone , because that phone is 100% fake. That's not even how the box looks and it's even misspelled! Heck, look at the icons and pictures. Obvious fakes.

    You were even so gullible as to take a 25% refund. LOL. Nice chunk of change for them to sell counterfeit phones and sell them for massive profits--even if they send you back this alleged 25%.
  25. sciencefair's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #25  
    Where do you live? You could've gotten a device in much better condition from ebay or Craigslist for less. Lumia 920s are beginning to hit the $300 and below mark, don't settle for a 25% refund for a clearly abused device.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 04:46 PM
  2. Hacking Mango is Finally Here!!!!
    By 1jaxstate1 in forum Software Development and Hacking
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 02:34 PM
  3. When will we get more than 16gb device?
    By d03jke in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 10:29 PM
  4. Calendar live tile- can it show more than one entry?
    By hammerhand in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-29-2011, 03:14 PM

Posting Permissions

";