Best video player

puparijoiner

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi just got a lumia 920 and wondering what was the best video player for playing different formats also is their an hdmi cable work around thanks in advance for your help

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
There are apps that will play online vids like youtube, dailymotion etc but the xbox music and video player should be more than adequate.

It wont play all formats though, the good news is that vlc is on its way to wp and rt. But might take a while.

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
There is no decent-if at all- video player for windows phone. ( at least for my lumia 920). It sucks and feels stone-aged.

Hopefully VLC truns to us

elfallous

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Personally I need a video player like a DivX player on android, when you could lock all buttons and light of them also.
When I give my Lumia to my daughter for watching cartoons even locally or on YouTube, I have to laugh the video from time to time due to the ultra sensitive buttons

Siva Kiran

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I guess Moliplayer is the best one. There is no other app which does a better job that what this does. I have tried this app on lumia 520. It was able to play avi and mkv formats easily, which other video players couldn't play. The gesture options make this app even awesome. :cool: Check out the screen shots and download links here. Best Video Player For Nokia Lumia - MoliPlayer | ZackableZackable
Unfortunately, there is no free video player for windows which work.

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
There is a workaround to get the free version. Change ur phones region to china, reboot, go to store, search for moliplayer(not pro). download it, make a sinaweibo id, or use this:
zmilbbli@guerrillamail.com
pass: 1234567890q
^ not mine, found it on bugmenot.com and can confirm it works( because i got frustrated after multiple fails of creating one)

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
There is a workaround to get the free version. Change ur phones region to china, reboot, go to store, search for moliplayer(not pro). download it, make a sinaweibo id, or use this:
zmilbbli@guerrillamail.com
pass: 1234567890q
^ not mine, found it on bugmenot.com and can confirm it works( because i got frustrated after multiple fails of creating one)

So much effort just to avoid paying someone $3 bucks for their hard work.

Ridiculous.

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, it ant ridiculous if you dont have a credit card. Also, I am not pirating anyting here, Since moliplayer is free for Chinese, why not.

Will you pay for HERE Maps when you can get it for free without a credit card?

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, it ant ridiculous if you dont have a credit card. Also, I am not pirating anyting here, Since moliplayer is free for Chinese, why not.

Will you pay for HERE Maps when you can get it for free without a credit card?

I'm not sure I understand the question. I wasn't charged for HERE maps (ATIV S), is it going to cost money soon? I don't even use it, so I'll probably delete it.

That aside, to answer your question; I wouldn't perform gymnastics to avoid paying a few bucks for something that a lot of work went into.

I'm not sure why, but people for some reason assume that all apps should be free. Cracked said it best "this is the internet, where everything should be free for some reason".

What do you do for a living? Can you do it for free from now on? kthx.

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
The here maps was an example. Since I dont have a credit card, I cannot purchase an app. MOLITIME COMPANY is giving 2 options to users, a paid version( why i can only try for 15 days since i dont have a means to purchase the app), and a free version( with lesser features) which requires a sina weibo ID and is limited to Asian countries. What I said was that if others are in the same state as me,( not having a CC) then use this method to have a good video experience. I downloaded Moliplayer( not the pro version) which is a free app, and why would i pay for it?

Its not gymnastics, its a trick, which I used earlier too to get region limited apps like nokia books. WPCentral talked about this too.

I guess you arent a pro or veteran WP user. And So I suggest that you ignore my 1st post and move on.

BTW , I am a student.
This one is not a work for free situation. Its more like , say, a restaurant is offering a smaller but free pizza at the family section, and I am standing here at the single section looking at my empty wallet( no credit card here ). Whats wrong If I go in with a girlfriend( region change in the phone ) and get that pizza , than buy it? ( I am not demanding, they are offering.)

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
The here maps was an example. Since I dont have a credit card, I cannot purchase an app. MOLITIME COMPANY is giving 2 options to users, a paid version( why i can only try for 15 days since i dont have a means to purchase the app), and a free version( with lesser features) which requires a sina weibo ID and is limited to Asian countries. What I said was that if others are in the same state as me,( not having a CC) then use this method to have a good video experience. I downloaded Moliplayer( not the pro version) which is a free app, and why would i pay for it?

Its not gymnastics, its a trick, which I used earlier too to get region limited apps like nokia books. WPCentral talked about this too.

I guess you arent a pro or veteran WP user. And So I suggest that you ignore my 1st post and move on.

BTW , I am a student.
This one is not a work for free situation. Its more like , say, a restaurant is offering a smaller but free pizza at the family section, and I am standing here at the single section looking at my empty wallet( no credit card here ). Whats wrong If I go in with a girlfriend( region change in the phone ) and get that pizza , than buy it? ( I am not demanding, they are offering.)

I've been using windows phone since 3 months past launch, I'm aware of all the region tricks, etc.

Look, your comment just irked me. People always want apps to be free for some reason. You say you're a student with no credit card. Ok that I get (sort of, but I bet you spend more than $3 on alcohol/weed in a given month). But I do see your point. At any rate, I wish you well and hope that someday you'll have the means to support developers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven