The Severely Irritating folder preview image for SkyDrive Folders in Photos Hub

Allen Mead

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi my first post, please be gentle :smile:

Have been reading on here and although there is the odd post I still can't seem to get to the bottom of this.

My previous phone was an HTC Titan which I updated to wp7.8, all the folder previews in the photos hub worked, fine. Didn't matter what you did, they would update and always show a preview pic to each folder, not matter where the folder was located.

Now, changed to a Lumia 920 (excellent phone, no complaints) However, as a number of people seem to have suffered with, the folders replicated in SkyDrive, loose their ability to show a preview pic to each folder even though there are photos contained within.

Ok, thought it was that I have the SkyDrive app on my windows 7 laptop, removed and reinstalled and generally messed about with various combinations, no change.

Deleted the folders on SkyDrive and started again, this seemed to work for a few weeks, then started to loose the preview again. Realised I had accessed my outlook.com account through my work computer which throws up a security issue - seemed to be about the same time I had issues. Anyway, hard reset the phone (another issue completely unrelated and user error). Stopped accessing via the work computer after the hard reset and all working again, for a few weeks... Interestingly enough, it's only the camera roll folder that has stopped working. Mobile uploads and saved pics works..... stopped working after I deleted the sample pics but only after some time, don't think it's related.

Interestingly enough, if the folder preview doesn't work, you cannot pin that folder to the start screen.

Really, really irritated. Anyone got a solution apart from air testing it?

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I never noticed it til you said something and yes, mine is doing that exact same thing. The only folder that shows anything is the one with one picture in it. Totally dumb and I guess this is one of those things that will need to be resolved in a future patch/upgrade. Doubt if anything else is going to fix this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro