facebook integrated chat delay

albashiq

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
hello

sorry if this subject had thread here but i could not find it soo i made one

i have problem in integrated facebook chat in my lumia 920

it was working fine until delay problem occured
when i am chatting with someone some messages sent from him or me went missing and more annoying is a big delay period around 10m
when he sent to me i do not get it until after 10 m or more i do not know what problem cuz it was working fine before
and suddeny 3 or 4 messages pops up in my message tile all together and time of messages show it was sent from 10m or more to me and i just received it
and if i open FB through my PC i will find missing messages their and chatting work fine their but in phone it delays and missing messages alot
and message notifecation their not working all the time sometime i check message tile and find new messages their from my friends and never got notifecation about it as toast one or in message tile :(
this is really annoying cuz i like this integrated chat

anyone know how to fix this problem ? or have same problem ?

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just wrote this message to other thread, but it might help you too ...

I had not problems with the toast notifications of integrated facebook (messaging), until today (maybe they meshed something on the server) ... well, I have been using ICQ as a "Facebook Messenger" as suggested by "Kingsly Eleazer" - the toast notifications of ICQ is working and they are not late ...

EDIT: to be more clear, I can still send messages by integrated facebook through messaging, but I am not receiving many answers (missing answers, so missing toast notifications too) ...

Last edited:

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
yep, until today FB still a hit and miss affair, the worst part is there is no force fetch button to go around it.

albashiq

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
i do not know guys but i feel one of facebook app in my phone causing this problem
i have 2 facebook app
one came in phone ( old one )
and i have facebook Beta ( i like it much more )

you guys too have these app in your phones ?
i do not know i feel these app one of them missing with integrated chat
i do not know thought lol

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the beta app, and had the same problem as you. I prefer the integrated messaging options of WP8, and the People Hub (I rarely opened the app). After uninstalling the beta app, my messages worked fine again for a bit, but then started going missing. Refreshing the friends list in the messaging hub usually retrieves the messages again, so I think it's because something is getting killed in the background.

wayne310

May 13, 2013
Visit site
i noticed when facebook.com is open in a web browser on pc...i will not receive messages in messaging app on wp8.

has to do with multiple devices accessing facebook at once?

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
i noticed when facebook.com is open in a web browser on pc...i will not receive messages in messaging app on wp8.

has to do with multiple devices accessing facebook at once?

Yes, but it stops working only if YOU mix use them (cp and computer), but you can keep fb open on computer and use cp for chatting without any problem ...

About previous post, I think that there might a bug with a "back" key - if you come out from messaging by a "back" key, then you might not receive any message after that (for a moment), but if you keep it open on the background, it seems still be working well ...

I am happy with Facebook beta app at the moment, but I am not using it for chatting ... well, integrated fb chat has not been working well for the last few days (a lot of missing incoming messages, outgoing messages are OK) ... well, I use ICQ for fb chat together with integrated fb chat and there is no question that ICQ fb chat works better (no missing messages and so no missing toast notifications and more options, like sending pics through chat) ...

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
sense I got my phone, I was able to send messeges, but I never received any (on time), the other day I changed the settings in facebook related to Secure browsing, and everything is working flawlessly now. I don't know if that can help, just try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05