Screen Pixelated

djncanada1

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Last night my Nokia 920 had a bunch of issues with the screen, most of tiles were not showing up.

Today, I called Nokia support.

The walked me through a soft reset and factory reset.

On factory reset, the "gears" came up once.

I asked the agent if I should do another soft reset to move the "gears" along since they stopped.

It did not work, now, I cannot turn off the phone, the screen looks pix-elated.

Does anyone in the forums have some ideas on:

1) What may have caused this issue?

2) Can issue be resolved without sending device to warranty center

The other issue is this is a Rogers Lumia 920 unlocked, Nokia advised me that if device is replaced, it will be with a locked device.

I am not prepared to pay a second time for an unlock code, any suggestions?

djncanada1:crying:

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
try to do hard reset or see if there's any update to be done (maybe you can see that in nokia software update for retail, just download/install and connect the phone in it, it will recognize your cell and tell you if there's an update), if those things don't work, you must send to assistence or warranty fixing

djncanada1

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Look like it will be sent back to Nokia service depot.

Does anyone have any success with the unlock issue (Nokia states I will get a locked phone back, to me this is an issue since I have the phone officially unlocked by Rogers and if the product is defective, if a replacement is sent out, it should be in same state/condition as my Lumia 920)

Thoughts?

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Look like it will be sent back to Nokia service depot.

Does anyone have any success with the unlock issue (Nokia states I will get a locked phone back, to me this is an issue since I have the phone officially unlocked by Rogers and if the product is defective, if a replacement is sent out, it should be in same state/condition as my Lumia 920)

Thoughts?

my cellphone is unbranded, but here in my country, all cellphones must be unlocked, there are no locked phones for carrier's or anything, no problem at all so far..

Personick

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I did a hard reset and everything works fine.

I bought my phone off eBay, so it may have been unlocked. I have an At&t sim card in it.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa