Flashing AT&T lumia 920, is it impossible? Cause I just can't so far....Can anyone help me?

Douglas Zacharias

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I bought a nokia lumia 920 from AT@T, i unlocked it and now I want to flash another firmware. I already downloaded 3 or 4 different firmware and it says that this product wasn't meant for this device. I wonder is the att lumia 920 only made for att? Cause somewhere here i read "non upgradeable"...does anybody know anything about it? Thanx:cry:

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
re: Flashing AT&T lumia 920, is it impossible? Cause I just can't so far....Can anyone help me?

nope ATT version is just like any other 920, if you are looking for firmware besides ATT and Rogers you need to force flash it as if the phone is dead

Douglas Zacharias

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
re: Flashing AT&T lumia 920, is it impossible? Cause I just can't so far....Can anyone help me?

The thing is...my mobile is not bricked. I just want to use another firmware...but it does not work! I just downloaded various firmwares and nokia care keep saying they are not for my device....

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site

my mobile also never bricked when i changed my firmware,,
my lumia journey so far,,\
( im living sri lanka)
*bought from ebay (at&t)
*called at&t got unlocked code use it here
*flash to rogers
*updated latest (rogers) via phone,,
*then flash to euro1 FW

remember when you flashing don't connect the phone untill nokia care suite say press volumbe down button and power button

another thing before you do the flashing do factory reset,,

Last edited:

Douglas Zacharias

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Thank you, vimukthi999. But I wait for the retry option appears and one or two questions. I have press volume down and power button untill it vibrates and then plug the cable and keep volume up pressed untill i see the other nokia logo or should I plug the cable and then volume down and power and then volume up?

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site

ok .
this is exactly how i did it,
so now you try to your firmware with out connecting your phone off when you get the message from NCS retry ,,before you connect it again to computer turnd off then holding volume down and power on button (lock button)same time as u holding buttons try to connect it back to computer,,
in my case i asked to friend hit retry button on the compter while im holding two button and connecting it to computer,,
when you feel viba still hold volume down button will work,,

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site

for my lumia 920 ,,for spending like 2 days on the net i found this forum and learned,,
for my friend's who also got lumia 920 i have changed fw like peace of cake,,

both phones at&t
never bricked
try, i believe you eventually get there:)

Douglas Zacharias

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Thank you, my friend! But I give up on it for now!! I just tried what you said, i've read a lot of forums and nothing works. It always says that the firmware i'm trying to install is not for my device. What product code did you use to change the firmware and i can install rm-821 on a att@t rm-820, can't i? Cause I tried both and no good answer!! :(

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site

this is the code for rogers 059Q6W4
this is the code for dev rom 059R4H6

dev rom rm-821 i have now,,yes it can

pls reply

exactly whats the version of fw you trying flash with?
whats your current at&t version,,?
did you reset your phone before flash?
u said its unlocked did you put another sim card non at&t?
your phone color?

Last edited:

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site

pls let me see print screen of your error message ,,if you want i'll give print screen guide

Douglas Zacharias

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

I will print the screens for you when i get home..i'm working now....but i tried even a master reset...keep telling the product code is not for my device!!! :(

Douglas Zacharias

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

WP_20130619_001[1].jpg This is the message showing on my system everytime i try to change my firmware. I tried everything, many different product code, now i'm trying to use a Brazilian unbranded...but...i just can't ...don't know why!!

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site

tell me did u try this code (059Q6W4) firmware?

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site
picture one this is my nokia care suite

l1.jpg

do u have fuse installed?

select product support tool for store 5.0

did you download the firmware files RM820_059Q6W4

note : latest firmware for this code is 1314 ,,so you might hav to update your at&t to 1314 via phone ,,( i believe u knw what im talking)

i'll continue when i get reply back from you,,

now its like i want to change your firmware more than u want it :p

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The thing is...my mobile is not bricked. I just want to use another firmware...but it does not work! I just downloaded various firmwares and nokia care keep saying they are not for my device....

Here's the answer from a post above you need to force flash it as if the phone is dead

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb