Shattered my screen. Now what? eBay? Replacement screen?

kuffcakes

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my phone while stepping out of my car and it hit the pavement just right (or just wrong) that the lower right side of my 920 screen shattered. I have a few different ideas but am not sure how they will affect the resale value of the phone. The phone is on AT&T but will be carrier unlocked once I obtain a T-Mobile SIM card.

1. Use the phone as is until my contract is up in November when I can upgrade.

2. Buy a replacement screen. There are three different screens on eBay. One has no logos on it. The second has just the Nokia logo and the third has the Nokia and AT&T logos. I like the idea of just the Nokia logo but will that hurt the resale value? The cost for the screens are as follows: No logos = $80, Nokia Logo = $90, Nokia and AT&T logos = $100.

3. Buy a cyan back housing as well as the Nokia branded replacement screen. The phone will not be carrier branded, SIM unlocked and cyan. This option will cost about $140.

4: Sell the phone as is on eBay and hope it goes for at least $150 like most of the shattered screen Nokia 920s are selling at. Save that money and put it towards the 41mp phone.

What are your opinions? Thanks!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I say 2. if you like the color of your 920 as it is or 3. if you prefer the cyan housing, because $140 isn't a bad price for that and a new screen!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre