Bricked Nokia Lumia 920 Power button and camera button not working.

equilias

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi, a few days the power button and the camera button stopped working. At first the phone went black like it was off, I thought the battery went dead I went home and the phone was still on. I press the power button and it did not work, press the camera button it did not work, press the volume button up/down they did work. Then I ordered a Side Key cable ribbon from Etradesupply and install it but still not working, just the volume up/down do work. :crying::crying::crying::crying:

So, I read online that a hard reset might work, I went to the phone and did a hard reset (from the phone software not from the button since they don't work) and it bricked the phone. It stuck in the screen with the gears rotating for hours and hours. Tried to drain the battery, tried to disconnect the battery, and it always goes to the screen with the gears and stay for hours. the key combination does not work because the power button and the camera button don't work. :crying:

I tried the nokia care suit, navifirm plus 1.7, Nokia software updater for retailer 3.0.4. None of them work. Please Need Help! I don't know what else to do:crying::crying::crying::crying:

Last edited:

jrsavery

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I had exactly the same series of events happen to me. In the end I got the phone replaced by AT&T.

The replacement is a refurbished unit but it was completely unmarked and so far I've had problems with it...

Sorry I couldn't give you any good news :-(

stylinred

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
sorry for the old bump but did you find a solution to your button problems?

my lumia 900s volume rocker/power/camera button suddenly stopped working too and i'm clueless as to why

GeoDru

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Was your 920 still under warranty? Mine is totally bricked and neither AT&T nor Nokia will do anything for me. I would be perfectly happy with a refurb unit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon