Need help connecting 920 to Nokia Care Suite with win 8 - Help Please

dbdmora

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I did a phone reset so I can access my wallet app since I forgot my password. Then after 1 hour I notices the gears was still spinning. I did a soft reset and still nothing. Then I found this forum in order to see why it was taking so long to reset my phone.

Well I followed the fix for 920 after reset, but the only thing is I cannot get the Nokia suite to recognize my phone. Right now the phone is connected Via USB to my PC and the gears are showing. When I do a reset (vol down + power) the Nokia symbol on phone comes up, I hear the PC establish connection, then I see the software suite tell me "data packages error" but then once the nokia symbol is off, it disconnects but goes into the spinning gears again. Then if I do the soft reset and hold down Vol up, it comes up with the lighning volt but same thing. After a few mins the battery is dead. For some reason now my phone cannot hold a charge. What is frustrating is after 5 mins of charging, the phone will turn on and the gears will start spinning.

How can I get my win 8 pc to recognize my 920, I hate to have to send it to Nokia to fix if I cannot try the forum fix first.

Is there anyway to turn off the phone so it will atleast get a good charge without the gears spinning?

Thanks for anyone help on this, I really appreciate it.

SunnyChrono6

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
To OP: I got mine fixed yesterday night, I was in the same situation as you, and tried doing a soft reset every ten minutes(I read about it somewhere in this forum),and voila, it worked the second time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire