Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello, I saw this tweet from Nokia today and it got me thinking: https://twitter.com/nokia/status/350222757272891392 might they have Justin Bieber for July 11th event in NY so I checked his tour schedule, July 11th is kept free! Justin Bieber Tickets | Justin Bieber Concert Tickets & Tour Dates | Ticketmaster.com - I think this might have happened, what do you all think?

Wouldn't it be so funny if he were there, can you imagine the reaction of the attendees? Would it be even worse than the weird, cringeworthy Samsung press conference

But would it be so hard to believe, Nokia have hired Nicki Minaj and Deadmau5 for recent launches (Lumia 800 and 900) and Samsung just did a deal with Jay-Z.

Personally I would hate it!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    You have to look at the positive. There could be thousands of teenage girls asking for Windows Phones if he tells them to get one. Word spreads, our marketshare skyrockets!
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,498 Global Posts
    :shudder:

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    It was a joke from Nokia. 41 million started trending earlier that day and naturally Nokia used it to its benefit. 41 million pic is actually top pic on the trend.

It was just Nokia making fun of Bieber's fans, they have launched the hashtag #41millionstrong and Nokia wanted to joke a little about it.
    I wouldn't really care much, anyway.
  6.    #6  
    I'm not sure, they've done stuff with Bieber before: Lumia found on Justin Bieber

For the greater good; A necessary evil I suppose.
    I'm definitely not a fan of his, but would think that any press with him involved is going to be tenfold (or more). So it could be a good thing. It was hard just to type that, lol.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    God I hope not. Nokia doesn't need some baby face rapper want to be that beats off every night to a picture of Hilary Clinton while getting drunk on strawberry wine coolers to be representing them. Please no, PLEASE!!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,283 Global Posts
    It won't be Justin. He's too busy beating up photographers and getting sued: Justin Bieber Sued for MMA Moves on Paparazzo | TMZ.com
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

If that SoB can sell some phones for Nokia then bring him on. He can even bring that little funky monkey he carry's around.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...
    palandri and Laura Knotek like this.

Well it can't be any worse than when they had that Lumia event with Flopi Minaj. smh
    Developer

A 41MP phone, it makes sense to jump on a trend with the same number

Global Posts
    1,312 Global Posts
    Well if you want to get iPhone-big, you have to hire these celebritards.
    SergikUK likes this.

I actually don't want the Lumia to become huge and mainstream. I like it where it is.

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts
    As much as we all hate that little creature, he can sell things. And if Nokia truly hires him as an "ambassador", the phone will sell in piles. I guess that's a good thing.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HM02 View Post
    I actually don't want the Lumia to become huge and mainstream. I like it where it is.
    So you're basically saying you don't want the Lumia to improve? It takes popularity in order for that to happen.
    Laura Knotek and ibbyj like this.

Global Posts
    32,427 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    The more popular it gets, the more apps it will have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dk92 View Post
    So you're basically saying you don't want the Lumia to improve? It takes popularity in order for that to happen.
    What's to improve? It's perfect as it is.
    By gaining popularity, it's going to become an overkill device like every Android. Keep adding more processors, bigger screens, higher resolutions, etc. Overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Knotek View Post
    The more popular it gets, the more apps it will have.
    I can't think of any apps I need, that it doesn't already have.
    xpxp2002 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    What's to improve? It's perfect as it is.
    By gaining popularity, it's going to become an overkill device like every Android. Keep adding more processors, bigger screens, higher resolutions, etc. Overkill.
    I totally agree. The EOS phone in my opinion should be only a limited edition. Make about a 1000 of it and be done with it. Developers love this sort of ****!

IMHO, Nokia is just taking advantage of the fact that JB has reached 41m followers on twitter recently.
    Happy WP user :P

Global Posts
    2,736 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stmav View Post
    You have to look at the positive. There could be thousands of teenage girls asking for Windows Phones if he tells them to get one. Word spreads, our marketshare skyrockets!
    WP's marketshare will jump... In a bad way.

I can't think of any apps I need, that it doesn't already have.
    It needs more big time iOS/Android games, Halo: Spartan Assault is coming which will be more than enough for most WP gamers, but the likes of Modern Combat 5, Asphalt 8: Airborne, various other games.
    Proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1520 in Black! :)

My YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/MickLMZR
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    I totally agree. The EOS phone in my opinion should be only a limited edition. Make about a 1000 of it and be done with it. Developers love this sort of ****!
    Why 1000? Why not just one of each model they make? Plus we need them to grow in popularity so that we don't lose a manufacturer like Nokia or HTC. That and without the popularity we won't get official apps. And trust me, you can tell your average Joe a million times that Instance is a full featured Instagram client, and he will still ask "But does it have Instagram?" Hence we need the popularity so that developers can't afford to snub WP.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I like JB.

DON'T HATE YO.
    -Chances are, I'm guessing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast