HELP! lumia 920 screen not rotating and accelerator broken?

henhen59

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
my At&t lumia 920's screen stopped rotating yesterday. Its never been dropped, etc. I installed the accelerator app (by micheal kappel) and the arrows are stuck horizontally (whereas normally the arrows would be going berserk).

so seems like my accelerator is stuck?!

ive read that soft and hard resent doesnt work ( i tried soft reset already).

many say by hitting it on the back a few times got theirs working again.

i hit mine a few times...nothing happened..dont know whether to hit near the top or bottom....also afraid of hitting it too hard and breaking it.

any advice? (p.s. im out of the usa now and there is no nokia care where i am)

henhen59

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
the screen stopped rotating before installing the app....i installed the app after... only to see what the sensors were picking up

tdb1

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
The accelerometer on my 920 stopped functioning a while back with no apparent cause. I found forums where others had the same experience, so it happens. I had to exchange mine. I think you'll be in the same boat, but at least you should be under warranty. Good luck.

henhen59

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
all accelerometer apps i installed were after the screen stopped rotating....an those were to check the sensors which did not give any readings.

some thing that could be noted is that when i was testing with an accelerometer app...even though no movement was registering....the phone got very hot!!!! of course the heat went away when i closed the app

since im out of the country and wouldnt be back till december, im out of luck on taking it to anywhere...plus even if there was a place here, i dont even have my receipt to show for the warranty!

SOLVED: well not really solved by my screen is back rotating and games and everything is rotating the way it should... how?

i hit it a few times on the back like knocking on a door but nothing worked...may be not hard enough?
i let it drop from 4-5 inches onto my desk (flat on its back) then checked ....and that didnt work.
finally repeated dropping it onto my desk twice in rapid succesion as detailed above and IT WORKED!

I read of others having the same problem and hitting it to get it to work...THE REAL QUESTION IS....DOES IT KEEP WORKING OR DID PROBLEM RETURN?!
i dont know what to expect!

charuwaka

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Thank You Very Very Very Much henhen59,
Mines Also Same Problem I also Dopped My Phone With Guard From 1 Feet 3 times.It Just Worked Like A Charm

YadeeshKumar KM

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

My Lumia 720 Accelerator is not working , i tried all reset but still having issue , i bought it in dubai and no warranty in india, please help me in this issue

awphimura

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Same problem I met on my TWO Lumia 920 phones(one is replacement). Tried soft reset, hard reset, flashing firms and even a replacement which got the same problem later. All didn't work... THE ONLY OPTIONS YOU SHOULD DO IS TO SLAP THE BACK OF YOUR PHONE HARDLY. It worked for me !!! The tip is after doing this turn on the App Sensor Emitter to check if all the sensors work properly. In my case I found the Accelerometer didn't work on my phone and finally I fixed it by this method :grin:

henhen59

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
just to update everyone... my sensor did get stuck again a few months after... i had to do the dropping thing to get it working again... since starting this post until now, my sensor got stuck twice and it was fixable

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo