Not able to receive MMS on Nokia Lumia 920 on AT&T

scrabble111

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I am not able to receive any MMS but strangely I can still send. I am not able to get any pictures and I never get most of the messages in a Group text. I've already asked help from AT&T, and they were able to fix it, and told me it was due to some sort of settings still thinking im still using my old 900 apparently. But the problem came back, and went back on AT&T and they tried everything they could and it still never worked so they just gave me a case number and an ETA on when it will be resolved. boooo, anyone have a solution or experiencing the same thing right now?

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Do you have access point installed? If so go into settings -> access point and try using AT&T - LTE 2 - Lumia. I had to set it to that for MMS to work.

If you don't have it search the store for Lumia pusher and install it. Once installed use it to install access point.

Sent from my Sony Xperia? Z

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I am having these issues too. I read elsewhere that someone else who did said it was on Straight Talk's part (which is what I'm on, using the ATT network). They said upper management was able to get it fixed, so I'm going to try that today myself. I actually planned on going to ATT GoPhone plans because of this, but if it is happening on ATT too then idk...

edjr07

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I too am having this issue and its really testing my patience. I actually don't know how long this has been happening either as I don't know that I haven't been receiving pictures. any other fixes, I have done resets, apn settings all sorts of stuff.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
something that is stupid but worked for me. I turned data roaming on. You should not have to do that because you should never be "roaming" if you are on ATT's network.

jonathonpm

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had this issue on my 920 but I did on an X10. The way I got it working was by sending a picture message to my own number. Might as well give it a try as that was a network thing rather than a phone thing.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes this is annoying to me as well I can't ever send or receive mms on my 920. I was just wondering is this a windows phone or hardware problem or a network issue. It annoys me because I font want to spend $300 on a 1020for itnot to work the way it should.

Sent from Micah's Lumia 920

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes this is annoying to me as well I can't ever send or receive mms on my 920. I was just wondering is this a windows phone or hardware problem or a network issue. It annoys me because I font want to spend $300 on a 1020for itnot to work the way it should.

Sent from Micah's Lumia 920

Been having the same problem on 3 920's in our household. And also with an 820. No problems with the iPhone, Lumia 900, or Android phones in our household though. All the same carrier on a family plan. Only our Nokia WP8's are doing this.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Been having the same problem on 3 920's in our household. And also with an 820. No problems with the iPhone, Lumia 900, or Android phones in our household though. All the same carrier on a family plan. Only our Nokia WP8's are doing this.

For me, the issue was with Straight Talk. I just switched to the ATT GoPhone plan $60 plan, and my MMS has been working perfectly ever since (without a hard reset or anything).

My wife is also having a problem on Straight Talk on her Focus Flash, where it will take forever for the MMS to download or come through (like 2 hrs), but eventually does; mine would just keep showing a "get media content" link over and over everytime I click...

Matthew Kallerud

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same issues with MMS and group texts on my 920 on AT&T. I've called AT&T several times and had my phone replaced to no avail. Access point makes no difference either.

Maybe I'll try to enable roaming but I don't want to be knocked if I'm traveling out of AT&T's service area....

scrabble111

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Still living with the issue, apparently a rep from AT&T told me to turn off wi-fi to receive MMS and it surprisingly worked for a bit. But the issue still lingers on.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm telling you all...the ATT GoPhone LTE plan is amazing, and everything just works out of the box without having to worry about APN, MMS, etc...

Plus...you get LTE and better coverage. It's way worth the extra $15, at least for me...

mth17

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same issues with MMS and group texts on my 920 on AT&T. I've called AT&T several times and had my phone replaced to no avail. Access point makes no difference either.

Maybe I'll try to enable roaming but I don't want to be knocked if I'm traveling out of AT&T's service area....
Still living with the issue, apparently a rep from AT&T told me to turn off wi-fi to receive MMS and it surprisingly worked for a bit. But the issue still lingers on.

GUYS!!! I have finally found the solution to this problem after talking to a very knowledgeable Tier 2 AT&T tech support rep for over an HOUR (Tim, if you're reading this, thanks! LOL)

A little background story..
I am on my AT&T Lumia 920 and I started not being able to receive mms from anyone, but I could still send. I thought it was a software glitch and so I hard reset it and my phone worked...for a couple of days. Since I was under warranty and there was dust in my front facing camera, I decided to get a new replacement Lumia 920. I synced my MS account and had "Text Message Backup" on.
Strangely enough, it started happening with me new phone too. So, I tried fiddling around with the APN as well as other things such as network settings and what not. Finally I got frustrated and called AT&T at 1 in the morning LOL.
V__C091.jpg

We troubleshooted almost everything possible and it came to be that, there was a corrupt/buggy backedup mms text message in my saved text messaging account.
I will now provide the instructions to fixing the MMS problem:

*NOTE: This worked for me because I had text message back up on and if yours is off, then it might be because of something else.*

1. If you have "Text Message Backup" turned on, then leave it so. If you have it turned off, then turn it on.
2. Go to "Messaging" and select all, then delete all of them. What this does is removes any corrupt MMS saved in the cloud or on your phone and starts anew.
3. Reset your phone.
4. Ask someone to send you a MMS.
5. If the last step does not work, you will have to call AT&T (or whoever your carrier is) and ask them to reset and push all Messaging and Data settings over the air (OTA) so that your phone will access to the carrier's service.
6. They will ask you to turn off your phone multiple times.
7. The problem should be fixed. If the problem isn't, then you reset your phone after removing all the text messaging threads on your phone.

Hope this works for everyone else; good luck! :excited:

*if it helped, help me out by thanking meee :D

Last edited:

scrabble111

May 1, 2012
Visit site
guys!!! I have finally found the solution to this problem after talking to a very knowledgeable tier 2 at&t tech support rep for over an hour (tim, if you're reading this, thanks! Lol)

a little background story..
I am on my at&t lumia 920 and i started not being able to receive mms from anyone, but i could still send. I thought it was a software glitch and so i hard reset it and my phone worked...for a couple of days. Since i was under warranty and there was dust in my front facing camera, i decided to get a new replacement lumia 920. I synced my ms account and had "text message backup" on.
Strangely enough, it started happening with me new phone too. So, i tried fiddling around with the apn as well as other things such as network settings and what not. Finally i got frustrated and called at&t at 1 in the morning lol.
View attachment 40325

we troubleshooted almost everything possible and it came to be that, there was a corrupt/buggy backedup mms text message in my saved text messaging account.
i will now provide the instructions to fixing the mms problem:

*note: This worked for me because i had text message back up on and if yours is off, then it might be because of something else.*

1. if you have "text message backup" turned on, then leave it so. If you have it turned off, then turn it on.
2. go to "messaging" and select all, then delete all of them. What this does is removes any corrupt mms saved in the cloud or on your phone and starts anew.
3. reset your phone.
4. ask someone to send you a mms.
5. if the last step does not work, you will have to call at&t (or whoever your carrier is) and ask them to reset and push all messaging and data settings over the air (ota) so that your phone will access to the carrier's service.
6. they will ask you to turn off your phone multiple times.
7. the problem should be fixed. If the problem isn't, then you reset your phone after removing all the text messaging threads on your phone.

hope this works for everyone else; good luck! :excited:

*if it helped, help me out by thanking meee :d

thank youuuu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3