My phone is the weaker of the bunch

Mr_Drewskie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It's not hard to notice all the stories about Lumia owners and their tough as nails phones. From trips down stairs to lake plunges, Lumias seem to be indestructible. Yet for me my phone takes a 1 foot fall from the lower pocket of my shorts and the screen shatters.

I'm a little disappointed only because I've heard all these stories of Lumias being brought to the brink and coming out alive. Do you guys think the stories may have been exaggerated? How hard is it to change the screen on a 920? A pointer to a,good tutorial would be appreciated.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the stories are exaggerated... Gorilla glass is just gorilla glass and the more scratch resistant it is, the more brittle it is. ALL phones with gorilla glass are susceptible to shattering the screen. I, knock on wood, have never had a screen shatter, but I have dropped my phone a few more times that I'd have liked and it is still working just fine.

I should add that there are places that can fix shattered screens. I'm not sure where since I've never needed the service though.

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey man sorry to hear that I might cry if that happens to my beauty lol! But to you question never done it myself but have watched a few videos on YouTube about it. Doesn't look hard, nut I would def count on spending some time doing it as you want to be extra careful not to make it worse :)! Good luck and do post a response if you end doing it yourself.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
If it lands a certain way this will happen. My neighbor dropped his when he was sitting in a chair outside...screen shattered.

Sorry it happened.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077