Phone thinks headphones are always in.

cdiddy2

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. I have a Lumia 920 and about a week ago it started to think the headphones were always plugged in. If I take them out just right it won't but it will usually switch back after a few mins.

Anyone ever had this happen to them?

Anything I can do to fix or is it off to att or Nokia. If it is off to either of these which one/whats the best way to get them to fix it?

Thanks

ghosted85

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Had to go on their website and fill out a form saying what was wrong with it, they got a UPS courier to pick it up, they couldn't fix mine so they sent a replacement.

Tim Benjamin

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Blow into the headphone hole to clear whatever is making the phone think a plug is there. This has happened to my 710 twice. Drove me crazy until I took the simplest fix. Worth a try!

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I've had old phones that have done this in the past. I now buy little rubber USB/Headphone socket covers, to stop rubbish getting into the ports and causing these issues

cdiddy2

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Blow into the headphone hole to clear whatever is making the phone think a plug is there. This has happened to my 710 twice. Drove me crazy until I took the simplest fix. Worth a try!

ya I tried that. It seems to be worse than that because I have to hit this one spot in there with the headphone jack to make it work

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with my 920. I tried the blowing into it and everything, but nothing worked. I just sent it to Nokia yesterday. I hope they send me a new one since I had 4 other issues with the phone as well. I love the phone, but these 920s are quality control nightmares.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6