AM I the only one with zero issues with my L920?

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have very *few* issues, and none of them are enough to annoy me let alone convince me to reject the phone or Nokia or Windows Phone.

As far as the hardware goes, my biggest pet peeve is AT&T's network. When I have no network, that's pretty aggravating, and yet it wouldn't make a difference what phone I'm using. Otherwise, no, I've not had any problems... even in spite of dropping it (for demos to colleagues) and even dropping it in the parking lot. Only a couple cosmetic scratches on the red casing.

As far as the software goes, every issue I do have is generic to Windows Phone 8...

• I can't listen to my work voicemails. I compensate by calling my Exchange server at work and listening that way. I want it fixed, but I can tolerate it for now.
  • I frequently have errors with my non-DRM music on Xbox Music. I just retry the track and it plays fine. No idea why unprotected music would have trouble, but whatever.
  • I have 7 months of text messages with my girlfriend, so the messaging hub will lag periodically... a good 90-second delay maybe once a week. I could delete them (might as well since I can't search them anyway, right?), but I don't for sentimental reasons.
  • I find the People Hub for Facebook and Twitter very limiting... solution, use the apps, lol.
  • I find the Battery performance annoying at times, but then again I've used every platform and know what battery hogs they are too.
  • I've not dealt with the "Other Storage" bug that much... only have one app directly hurt by it right now, and they are fixing the app on their end.

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine since December and the only problem I've had was down to being sent the wrong sized sim when I changed networks.
So basically, no problems with the phone here either.

iRS73

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
On my second 920 now, I'ts better but alarm Clock works only randomly and the autofocus is a bit wierd.
(+ maybe 10 random reboots)
I'm interested in the 1020/eos but what if it has the same "problems"?
Still a big Nokia fan :)

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the post and the opportunity to report about the flawless performance of my 920. I'll admit this is my second 920. My first developed a serious screen problem but that was the result of one too many falls to a concrete garage floor. And other than that, the original 920 was flawless too. Just what I expect from Nokia.

anon(5354555)

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Had mine since roll out and have had almost no issues. Locked up once for a short while back in November but has been solidly excellent. I tout this phone everywhere I go.

ajeesh yacob

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
am with u.. 0 issues.. good battery for a HD display... as we know High resolution eats up battery.. and everythin s normal... if u need a 3 or 4 day long battery life u should get a small screen ,no HD

avsef

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had a few issues with the phone/platform, but satisfied in general. My biggest takeaway concerns wireless charging: I'll never own another phone without it. I had no idea it would be such a convenience.

lbcole

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Some warmth to the battery during high use and sometimes it needs a good cold boot if something's running in the background and sucking battery life. Other than that, all good, loving it!
Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Board Express

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
You're not alone!

Got my first 920 on release day and after one day noticed the 'flexing body' issue on the top right. Returned it for a brand new one and haven't looked back. Love this phone, zero issues, great battery (full day without charge easily), and I use it for everything...email, Skype, Netflix, social, music, gps/nav, voice, web...at least once a day.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine is fine, though there were a couple of past hiccups, i.e. bricking during a hard reset, some connectivity drops post-update, etc.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Bought my Red 920 used. Performed the factory reset. Got the spinning gears. Used the Nokia reset method with success to get past that. Since then, no issues at all. Works perfect, looks perfect. Wireless charging work WITH the case on and battery life is great. Photos, app notification for updates, and calls are flawless. I couldn't be more impressed with this phone if I tried. The only way I'd upgrade this device is if something came out with all of the features of this phone and more cool stuff.

Happy 920 owner here!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium