Light leak on the top of the screen

dogukan

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

Got my phone replaced due to some problems after a long and tiring process but the current one has a problem as well. It has a light leak on the top of the screen. Not seen when I use the phone and holding it normally but when the phone's in the position which you can see in the pic, it appears. Is it a big problem or do many people have it? I'm really tired of problems. Here are some pics

foto?raf.JPG
foto?raf.JPG

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
your picture doesnt really highlight where the leak is ?

Anyway, it's not something you can fix unless you want to seperate the LCD from the digitizer, the leak is likely cause by the glue not bonding the glass to the frame as tighly as it could. Ultimitely, how often do you hold the phone at that angle ?

Jacja

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Purchased my Lumia 720 from O2 (PAYG ?249.99) but due to constant freezes and hanging it had to be returned and was immediately replaced by O2.

I have noticed in the replacement that there is light bleed across the top of the screen. The light bleeds in from the top only and runs the full width of the screen from where the permanently blacked out section of the screen stops, almost like a fluorescent strip light behind a panel.

It is barely noticeable when looking straight at the screen but the light increases in intensity as the screen is moved onto an angle. The effect is obviously more pronounced in low light settings or at night.

Whilst not a huge issue, and irrespective of what angle I wish to hold my phone, it should not happen in a brand new phone.

I will contact Nokia to ask for advice as if there is a fault then the integrity and longevity of the screen becomes an issue.

Issues aside, I have to add that the Lumia 720 is an exceptional piece of kit for the price and the battery lasts for days even with lots of use!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes