Creaking Nokia Lumia 920

CouchKraken

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
So my Yellow Nokia Lumia 920 started creaking, and even though it's pretty small, it annoys me a lot that it's there and that I know the creak is there. Furthermore, upon reading some posts about the creaking problem, it appears that this will only get worse, and that it is a problem that not a few Lumia 920 owners have. This frustrates me, so I've decided to sell my Lumia 920.

Although my experience with the Lumia 920 (at least specifically my unit) made me quite sad, I still love the WP8 interface and the unparalleled smooth snappiness. Therefore, I've decided to get another Nokia Lumia, but this time, I'm looking at different models.

Can anyone point me to a Lumia model that has no record of creaking bodies? It appears that the 920, 900 and 820 have this issue. I'm wondering whether the 720 has this issue as well, although I haven't seen any reported incident of 720 creakiness. My new Lumia doesn't need to be top of the line, so suggest anything please.
Thanks for any help.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, my 920 also creaks but it hasn't got any worse so I've learned to live with it. If you are still determined to sell yours and get something else then I can confirm that the 620 doesn't creak and is a very solid phone, at least the one I've handled is.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I just got my 920 today and I am well gutted that I have this creaking problem. It happens along the right hand side with the buttons and on the back as well. It's not too bad when I'm generally using the device, but it's always on my mind that it creaks. I'm thinking about seeing if I can get a replacement or repaired with Nokia. A part of me is thinking I can live with it and as a result, can't be bothered to go through that process.

It's a shame since it is a really nice device. I can't believe some people/reviews were saying it was heavy. I was bracing myself for the first time I picked the device up but nearly laughed when it was in my hand. Not heavy at all. I certainly felt the width difference coming from the Lumia 800, but that was all.

CouchKraken

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Not only has the creaking gotten worse where it was before... it now clicks on the left side as well. And such an audible click it is.

What is going on.... this is supposed to have a good build quality. Hell, that's why I bought a Nokia.
I haven't even dropped it or anything. Augh.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
My phone has some give when pushed down from the top and makes a little popping sound. It doesn't bother so I don't really care. I like to actually play with it sometimes to make the popping noises.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Not only has the creaking gotten worse where it was before... it now clicks on the left side as well. And such an audible click it is.

What is going on.... this is supposed to have a good build quality. Hell, that's why I bought a Nokia.
I haven't even dropped it or anything. Augh.

If it's under warranty or if your seller will offer a replacement, then try that. I got my replacement last week and it is so much more better and how I envisioned the device to begin with. It's probably just a manufacturing defect.

CouchKraken

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I was just wondering, how bad will this thing get? I guess maybe I'll be okay with the clicking and the creaking as long as the phone doesn't eventually fall apart at the seams.

Man... I love this phone. Why did it have to have this issue.

Oh well. Maybe I'll just get an Otterbox to mask all the clicky and creaky parts.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I was just wondering, how bad will this thing get? I guess maybe I'll be okay with the clicking and the creaking as long as the phone doesn't eventually fall apart at the seams.

Man... I love this phone. Why did it have to have this issue.

Oh well. Maybe I'll just get an Otterbox to mask all the clicky and creaky parts.

maybe it's your unit that is not 100%, mine 920 doesn't creak at all.. maybe you should try to get a replacement

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I was thinking the same way you were before. I couldn't really be bothered to go through the RMA process. But don't settle for less. Clearly the device you got is not in the condition it is supposed to be in. For me, the creaking issue occured with even slight pressure on the side with the buttons (just above camera shutter). I took it to Nokia Care, they checked it, but within a day it was back again. The unit we got just has a defect. I would seriously just try and get a replacement.

Mandeep148

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry fo that.. Can anyone tell me what is creaking means in this thread? Is that means same issue like me? I have light leaking at right side of search light on lining of body.,
Is that normal? I bought one day ago. Already replaced 2 phones..but still same..

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Sorry fo that.. Can anyone tell me what is creaking means in this thread? Is that means same issue like me? I have light leaking at right side of search light on lining of body.,
Is that normal? I bought one day ago. Already replaced 2 phones..but still same..

I think your device is not 100%..

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Creaking is like a slight cracking or squeaking noise. Check the video below:

Nokia Lumia 920 Creaks, Squeaks, Build Quality Issues - YouTube

Your issue is different. Probably light bleed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss