Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    Hi all, I have an unlocked Rogers Nokia Lumia 920 and am experiencing the "no service" issue. When my sim card is in my Galaxy S4 the signal strength is a full set of bars however if I take it out and put it in my Lumia 920 it registers my carrier for a second, has a full set of bars then immediately goes down to 1 bar then "Out of Service". The odd time for a matter of seconds it will jump to full bars but like a second later go back down to 1 and then "No Service" again. I have done all available updates and can see this is a wide spread issue when searching Google on it. Am I out of luck until there is an update or is there anything I can do? I have done a factory reset, gone into mobile networks and searched for networks but only "Rogers - Forbidden" comes up and nothing else. When I select automatic it will do what I mentioned above. Any ideas? What can I do to get service and signal?

Global Posts
    32,921 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    What carrier do you have, and in what country?

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    Update: I have also gone in and selected the signal option below LTE. Same thing and I know the sim is good because as noted it gives me full bars when slid into my other phone.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    Hi Laura - I am on Telus in Canada.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    When I turn on the phone there is an airplane, then it says no service then Telus kicks in at full bars for literally seconds then it goes down to one bar and basically "No Service". It will periodically jump out of that and into full bar strength but only for a second or two before dropping back out. The phone is basically unusable. Read about a lot of people with these issues and seems like no fix out there so far?

Global Posts
    32,921 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    Hi Laura, I search for "Access Point" and it does not come up. I can't find it anywhere - is it available in Canada?

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    I really want to like Windows phone but I must say this is a turn off. There is no access point app in Canada market place and when I try to manually search for networks it says the scan was unsuccessful. I search online and MANY have experienced this since the 1308 and 1314 updates. Yet - still no fix.

Quote Originally Posted by BobR1908 View Post
    Hi Laura, I search for "Access Point" and it does not come up. I can't find it anywhere - is it available in Canada?
    It should already be preinstalled onto your phone

Settings, Access Point, select Telus, if not add in the APN for Telus although you shouldn't need to for it to work as a phone though...

If you're in the Mississauga area, I can help you

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    Thank you so much for offering your help.

When I go to settings "Access Point" is not an option. It is not listed anywhere. I am currently on 1314.

I am in Canada, my Lumia is a Rogers unlocked 920.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    I was able to find Access Point in the App Store and downloaded it. When I went into Access Point it said Telus was active yet same issue. "No Service" on the phone tile and a circle with a line through it where the bars would be. Odd time it went to three bars for literally a second then back to 1 then totally out again. Sim is back in my S4 now with full strength in bars - not one single issue at all.

Hey, im on telus with a rogers 920 too :) you are supposed to see telus, koodo ... Try koodo setting then activate telus once more and reboot.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    Hi, this did not work either. Tried this and when the phone rebooted it was in airplane mode, that mode turned off and showed me 4 bars that almost immediately went down to 1 and then no service.

Googled it and so many people are having these issues. Sim card works perfectly in my S4 - is this an omen to use the lumia 920 as a paperweight? Trying so hard to love Windows phone but this is a really poor experience and sour taste.

Global Posts
    32,921 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by BobR1908 View Post
    Hi, this did not work either. Tried this and when the phone rebooted it was in airplane mode, that mode turned off and showed me 4 bars that almost immediately went down to 1 and then no service.

Googled it and so many people are having these issues. Sim card works perfectly in my S4 - is this an omen to use the lumia 920 as a paperweight? Trying so hard to love Windows phone but this is a really poor experience and sour taste.
    Have you tried getting a new SIM from Telus?

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    The sim works, I take it out of the Lumia 920 and put it in my S4 and I get full strength signal?
    Are you sure the Unlocked Rogers Phone has the network bands for the new provider?
    Last edited by Mark Everingham; 07-12-2013 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Not reading full original post

Dial ##3282# >> network type automatic >> press home key

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    You cannot search for the Access Point on Windows Phone Store. You'll have to click the link from the above post.
    Try updating your Access Point this way and see if it helps.

Hmmmm seem like that phone is acting like its been blacklisted, stolen, lost, etc....only thing I would think if sim works in S4
    Red Prostitue 920
    MSI GX60 | AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHz | 8GB DDR3 | 120 SSD | AMD Radeon HD 7970M

I have an unlocked 920 running on Wind and when I would set it on LTE my phone would jump from service to no service quite often. My data would also be pretty bad. I set the fastest speed to 3G and since then my network strength has been steady.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    It was a brand new phone sent to me by Nokia after I was communicating back and forth with CEO Stephen Elop about issues with the one I bought outright from Rogers. Assuming since Rogers is the only carrier in Canada selling them that the phone sent to me compliments of Elop was one setup for Rogers.

I paid to have it unlocked.
    ivo03 likes this.

Did you try the 3282 trick?

Hello everyone, i am Ali from Pakistan. I have Lumia 920 white and have no service issue from the last month. I goggled the fixed method regarding this issue but all in vain. I recovered my Lumia with 5 different firmware versions by NCS but got nothing. I clearly understand that any firmware i have installed could not resolve this issue. I have read on a site stating that Lumia no service /emergency only issue would be fixed by an amber update which is coming next month on 14th. So be patient guys, Nokia is doing something better (hope so).

Quote Originally Posted by pankaj981 View Post
    Did you try the 3282 trick?
    Pankaj, i tried this trick and it says "something happened and we could not complete this action".

Ali, do you have the link to the site that says that the amber update will solve the issue? Would like to read up on it. I purchased an unlocked 920 from amazon within the US but the phone's product key is of East African origin. I am currently using AT&T as my service provider and I am going through this no service problem as well. I flashed the phone and still the problem remains and there is no usable tech store that I can send it to at the moment. I tried the 3282 trick and I came up with the same problem as Ali here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast