Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    In the last week or so, my phone has experienced some really weird behavior. It seems to have a mind of its own. When i open an app, it freezes for a bit and then starts switching apps and goes into the calender and email changing panes all on its own. It continues jittering around for a few minutes on different screens. As soon as i turn off the screen and back on, it goes back to normal for a while before it happens again. It's like the phone's possessed. I've done some research and wondering if it has anything to do with wireless charging? Anyone else have a similar experience?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    I've been charging mine by wireless since I got and and have had nothing like this happen. Does this happen when you open any app or a particular app? Also when it's going crazy, do you notice the back of the phone getting warm?

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    It's not related to any specific app. After i use it for a while, it just starts going bezerk. It doesn't normally get warm as far as i know but i'll have to check that out.

Mine sometimes freezes when plugged into a wall charger when I press the back button, locking/unlocking the screen sorts it, but it's defo charger related, what firmware are you running? Mine is still 1249
    Couldn't be wireless charging. I haven't charged my 920 wirelessly that much, but I've never experienced this issue at all. Are you sure it's not some app that's running in the background, like a calendar app? It sounds like your phone is haunted! lol
    http://mowned.com/sig/metalchick719.extended.jpg

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i'm using firmware 1314.

Dont think it's apps running in the background. I usually close everything. The only tasks that run are Battery monitor and my stocks portfolio. Wonder if it's Lockslider+...
    I don't charge mine wirelessly. But lately it has had a problem with this as well as when I try texting it starts typing gibberish on its own. I thought maybe it was the screen dirty, but even after cleaning the screen it continues to act up. I try turning the phone off and resetting, but that only works for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne Fletcher View Post
    I don't charge mine wirelessly. But lately it has had a problem with this as well as when I try texting it starts typing gibberish on its own. I thought maybe it was the screen dirty, but even after cleaning the screen it continues to act up. I try turning the phone off and resetting, but that only works for a little while.
    I have this problem with my 8X where starting a new message causes the phone to randomly type stuff in. Then it'll switch to Bing, and everytime I back out it goes back in a types stuff.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Here's a quick video i took of the phone acting up. It's getting even worse lately as it happens 70% of the time i have the phone on.

http://sdrv.ms/13vavcw

yeah mine too... i dont have nokia;s phone but i have same lag :/ i have been searching for a answer for lag but nothing found yet...

its like someone would control your phone by other phone or computer.. :/
    has any1 sloved dis problem.. am facing the same in my lumia 720 now ... plzz suggest some remedy.... am not using wireless charging either.....
    Last edited by Lakshmi Thangadurai; 04-10-2014 at 04:38 AM.

Changing touch sensitivity in my Nokia 820 to 'normal' seem to have fix it for me so far.

Under Settings > touch

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    yeah i have the same issue and went to nokia care for it (lumia 720).....they told me its because water or moisture went into my phone so they have to change the lcd and digitizer but then i went to a local mobile repair shop and they saidonly digitizer replacement is required so i am going to get that done after a while.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    This happens occasionally with my Lumia 920, especially when I connect my phone to my PC. I really don't know what's causing it. A quick remedy is to lock or turn off display when this happens, then unlock the phone and it's back to normal. It's annoying but does not really affect the way I use my phone, just a small quirk IMO. If it's what they say is true that a digitizer replacement is necessary to fix it I think I'll hold off for now.

Hmmm... It's probably Skynet, but I could be wrong.

Sounds to me like a hard reset is in order it should fix everything
    hi, me for the same too. Mine is nokia lumia 720. have you fixed it? pls help me how to fix it. thanks

sujit
    mine too. did you solve it? pls help me how to fix. thanks. i use lumia 720

Looks like it could be a bad digitizer; try ordering a new one and installing it and see if that helps. Same thing happened with my Lumia. Swapped the part out and now it works like a charm.

...be sure to order OEM though...