Phone acting crazy - mind of its own

pmich

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
In the last week or so, my phone has experienced some really weird behavior. It seems to have a mind of its own. When i open an app, it freezes for a bit and then starts switching apps and goes into the calender and email changing panes all on its own. It continues jittering around for a few minutes on different screens. As soon as i turn off the screen and back on, it goes back to normal for a while before it happens again. It's like the phone's possessed. I've done some research and wondering if it has anything to do with wireless charging? Anyone else have a similar experience?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been charging mine by wireless since I got and and have had nothing like this happen. Does this happen when you open any app or a particular app? Also when it's going crazy, do you notice the back of the phone getting warm?

pmich

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
It's not related to any specific app. After i use it for a while, it just starts going bezerk. It doesn't normally get warm as far as i know but i'll have to check that out.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine sometimes freezes when plugged into a wall charger when I press the back button, locking/unlocking the screen sorts it, but it's defo charger related, what firmware are you running? Mine is still 1249

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't be wireless charging. I haven't charged my 920 wirelessly that much, but I've never experienced this issue at all. Are you sure it's not some app that's running in the background, like a calendar app? It sounds like your phone is haunted! lol

pmich

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
i'm using firmware 1314.

Dont think it's apps running in the background. I usually close everything. The only tasks that run are Battery monitor and my stocks portfolio. Wonder if it's Lockslider+...

Cheyenne Fletcher

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't charge mine wirelessly. But lately it has had a problem with this as well as when I try texting it starts typing gibberish on its own. I thought maybe it was the screen dirty, but even after cleaning the screen it continues to act up. I try turning the phone off and resetting, but that only works for a little while.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't charge mine wirelessly. But lately it has had a problem with this as well as when I try texting it starts typing gibberish on its own. I thought maybe it was the screen dirty, but even after cleaning the screen it continues to act up. I try turning the phone off and resetting, but that only works for a little while.

I have this problem with my 8X where starting a new message causes the phone to randomly type stuff in. Then it'll switch to Bing, and everytime I back out it goes back in a types stuff.

Aku MC

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
yeah mine too... i dont have nokia;s phone but i have same lag :/ i have been searching for a answer for lag but nothing found yet...

Lakshmi Thangadurai

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
has any1 sloved dis problem.. am facing the same in my lumia 720 now :straight:... plzz suggest some remedy.... am not using wireless charging either.....

Last edited:

paras chugh

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
yeah i have the same issue and went to nokia care for it (lumia 720).....they told me its because water or moisture went into my phone so they have to change the lcd and digitizer but then i went to a local mobile repair shop and they saidonly digitizer replacement is required so i am going to get that done after a while.

arkhale

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
This happens occasionally with my Lumia 920, especially when I connect my phone to my PC. I really don't know what's causing it. A quick remedy is to lock or turn off display when this happens, then unlock the phone and it's back to normal. It's annoying but does not really affect the way I use my phone, just a small quirk IMO. If it's what they say is true that a digitizer replacement is necessary to fix it I think I'll hold off for now.

BboyFlash

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Looks like it could be a bad digitizer; try ordering a new one and installing it and see if that helps. Same thing happened with my Lumia. Swapped the part out and now it works like a charm.

...be sure to order OEM though...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo