The 920 and 1020 and the front facing camera

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was just thinking of this now as I was telling my dad about the new 1020 since I know he will likely buy one.

I always wonder why with all the hype that our 920 has and especially the hype for the 1020 and both of their cameras why hasn't Nokia made their purview magic work with the front facing camera.

This is definitely not me bashing Nokia but it does make me wonder. If I am not mistaken, all Nokia windows phone 8 devices have lower resolution ffc than the ativ s and windows phone 8x.

The perfect phone is almost here for me(the 1020) and I plan to own it but I wish for more improvement on the ffc and wonder why they haven't tried to enhance it with their preview magic.

Sent from Micah's Lumia 920

Last edited:

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I thought the same too when I heard the 1.2 MP. It is a wide angle FFC which is decent enough but my 920's FFC is not the best and I manage with it.
If they include pureview in the FFC it will increase the thickness and people might start rambling again about the thickness. Also I reason Nokia shares my aversion to selfies and duck faces :D

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Why were you yelling?

Yes, I thought the same too when I heard the 1.2 MP. It is a wide angle FFC which is decent enough but my 920's FFC is not the best, but I manage with it.
If they include pureview in the FFC it will increase the thickness again and people might start rambling again about the thickness. Also I reason Nokia shares my aversion to selfies and duck faces :D
Lol i meant telling, not yelling. As good as it is to have tapatalk on windows phone now, that apps autocorrect could use some work and I hate that the keyboard hides the box so you can't see what you're typing as you're typing it.

Lol @selfies and duck lips haha. So the ffc on the 1020 is wide angled? Like the 8x?

And yeah the 920 ffc is not the best. I prefer using it then stumbling to aim the background camera at me when I am trying to take a pic with a bf or family or friends.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99