Bricked Lumia 920

npyle

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm in desperate need of help. I've read and followed several forum posts, including the 'stickied' one here:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/203979-19.htm

on the fix for a bricked Lumia 920. I've sold my AT&T Cyan Lumia 920 on EBay--in preparation for getting my Lumia 1020, which I preordered yesterday :) I always do a factory reset on my phones, so I did that and when it rebooted, I got the infamous cog wheels spinning. I've tried several things including trying to flash the RM-820 rom back onto the phone. I've gotten pretty far in the process; however, when I go to start the recovery process, I get an error indicating:

C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-820\C6ADC1BD_RM820_059N5T3_1232.2109.1242.1001_180.vpl has invalid signature.

I've tried different color variants (Black, White, Cyan, etc.), but it always errors on the .vpl file with that 'invalid signature' error.

I've kept the EBay buyer up-to-date on this unexpected issue, but I'd really like to get the phone functionally ASAP so I can ship it to him.

Can anyone help me? I've posted several replies--including to the 'stickied' forum post mentioned above--but have received any replies.

Thanks,
Norris

npyle

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Much thanks to ktl88 for posting the thread on: Stuck on running gears for over 8 hours!! Nokia Lu... - Nokia Support Discussions! This worked like a charm and resolved my issue. I had followed similar steps in a different posting I had read, but apparently, I was not giving it long enough to complete, so I thought I'd need to flash a ROM back on to my phone. By following the steps in this thread and waiting a little over an hour, my phone finally restarted and booted up to the initial windows phone setup screen. A lot of people in the thread indicated it took them 5 - 20 minutes, so mine took much longer than that, but it definitely works!!! Thanks again.

Norris

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Much thanks to ktl88 for posting the thread on: Stuck on running gears for over 8 hours!! Nokia Lu... - Nokia Support Discussions! This worked like a charm and resolved my issue. I had followed similar steps in a different posting I had read, but apparently, I was not giving it long enough to complete, so I thought I'd need to flash a ROM back on to my phone. By following the steps in this thread and waiting a little over an hour, my phone finally restarted and booted up to the initial windows phone setup screen. A lot of people in the thread indicated it took them 5 - 20 minutes, so mine took much longer than that, but it definitely works!!! Thanks again.

Norris

Yei... Happy that I could help.
All the best with your purchase of the amazing 1020!

john1925

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Just long press volume down & power button..then after, press volume down, volume up and power repeatedly after this "nokia' logo will appear. Hope it will help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte