Bailing on the 920

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimb100

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought one of the first 920s available last November. I've been very happy with the Windows 8 operating system.

After a few months of ups and downs with battery life I experienced several days when the battery would lose all charge (90% to 0) in 4 hours.
ATT agreed to send me a new one under warranty. For the first couple of weeks I was getting 2-3 days between charges. I don't use the phone all that much.
Then one night I took it off the charger before going to bed, checked the battery level, which read 98%, and placed the phone on my desk.
When I got up the phone was completely discharged.
This happened to me again last night. The phone was completely discharged. I'm always careful to return to the home screen after using any app and making sure nothing shows running in the background.
While I know ATT will be happy to swap out the phone under warranty, I got to thinking what I could do if this problem persists after November.

I called ATT and explained my situation and they gave me a choice: Send me another 920 or exchange it for a different phone. I opted to have them send me a Galaxy S3. My plan, dates and warranty will carry over to the new phone so I don't lose anything there.

As I said, I like the Windows operating system, that was never an issue. I actually like the 920's appearance, screen and use, but not knowing if I'll have a working phone when I get up in the morning and knowing the problems I'll have if the problem persists or worsens when out of warranty, I couldn't keep it.

Good luck to those with the 920, I you have one without battery issues I'm sure it will provide years of good service.

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to another Windows 8 phone or even another Nokia, but I do think there is something fundamentally wrong with the 920.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It a shame that you had a bad experiences with the 920 battery issue and even on the second device, however I understand that you need to know that your phone will work the next day.

Hopefully you come back one day soon. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)