Battery Drain Heat solved?

Nokia_Man_USA

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I think I may have found the Battery drain/heat cause. 4 days ago I disabled "connect with Xbox" and "Xbox music+cloud" since then the phone has been 100% NO heat no battery drain. I 'm not sure which one may have fixed the issue. Before I made this change I would have sporadic battery drain and heat from the upper part of the phone. The only other change was removing the Accuweather app and replacing it with the Microsoft weather app, but I am certain I tried this once before and still had issues. 920 for sale anyway Ready for the 1020 on preorder!!!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting. I guess you could probably try enabling one and not the other to see which one is the cause of battery drain/heat.

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've had these off for a long time and I still get the drain/heat on the phone, I've disabled bluetooth and wifi to make it stop. Im currently testing keeping wifi on and bluetooth off. I've been having good battery life with bluetooth and wifi disabled. I'll see if in couple of days I can say the same thing about having wifi on and bluetooth off.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
This worked for me as well. Turned off the two settings, reset my phone, and I haven't charged my phone in 2 days. That would have been unheard of prior to this. Let's see if this is a permanent improvement or a fluke.

-R

andjography

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
This doesn't work for me. My 'connect with Xbox and music+cloud' has always been turned off, but I still get the battery drain and the heat on the upper part of the phone especially when browsing the web or using Facebook or any kind of apps. However, I've learned the importance of turning your phone off after using apps and turning it back on. The battery lasts longer (usually 1 day).

I think I may have found the Battery drain/heat cause. 4 days ago I disabled "connect with Xbox" and "Xbox music+cloud" since then the phone has been 100% NO heat no battery drain. I 'm not sure which one may have fixed the issue. Before I made this change I would have sporadic battery drain and heat from the upper part of the phone. The only other change was removing the Accuweather app and replacing it with the Microsoft weather app, but I am certain I tried this once before and still had issues. 920 for sale anyway Ready for the 1020 on preorder!!!

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I've always had really good battery life with my 920, but I went through everything with a fine tooth comb and disabled it all, but today after a full charge, with in 4 hours my phone was at 37% and said 1 hour left of battery life. I did some investigating and found that my Facebook account was having issues syncing and threw an error code. Deleted and reentered and is awesome again!

Try and see if this is your issue I guess

kavita10

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Am a new user myself..this would be 2nd Lumia in as less as 5 days :crying:.. the 1st one practically melted my hands off.. Got heated like supernova...now my 2nd piece did get heated up today too.. so tried opening all the apps in airplane mode and then switched off and switched off in airplane mode.. seemed to be fine.. till i started to sync my gmail.... Now the phone is heating up again...So i guess Gmail is the culprit here as it does not seem to sync as well. throws up some error.. pardon me but dont remember the error code :unhappysweat:

Yes switching off and on the phone in airplane mode did solve it for me.. so not gonna sync gmails for a couple of days.. can some one suggest and alternate app for me to access gmails.. any help would be appreciated.. :smile:

I've always had really good battery life with my 920, but I went through everything with a fine tooth comb and disabled it all, but today after a full charge, with in 4 hours my phone was at 37% and said 1 hour left of battery life. I did some investigating and found that my Facebook account was having issues syncing and threw an error code. Deleted and reentered and is awesome again!

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
With the GDR2 update rolling out it should address these issues you are experiencing. Also, I think you'd benefit from a soft reset, this will basically clear the background processes of your phone, no data will be lost. Press and hold volume down and power button for about 10 seconds (until the phone vibrates), it will restart and vwala! I've done this myself and it helped me out with heating issues and battery life

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I just found out that mine says not up to date, and I've been having battery problems for the last 3 days.

kavita10

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
We I have not set people hub.. what I noticed was in syncing with FB phone was draining.. so just using the FB app (yuckkk :angry:) ... phone does seem to have mood swings when it comes to battery drain.. at times last for 30+ hrs on EDGE network and gets warm when shifted to 3G. :angry:

Hope GDR2 is able to address the issue of switching between networks as well.. Also one thing that I learnt was if you back out from IE without actually closing the tab even that heats the phone.. for some reason IE fails to understand that the app was closed using the Back button.. I need to go back in close the tab and then back out.. Does any one else face this issue???

FYI.. my dad has a lumia 720 and gets fantastic battery life .. on a H+ neywork ets about 36 hrs

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720