Praise for Nokia 920

uw

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Traded my LG Optimus G for a white Nokia 920 two weeks ago. Man this is a great phone. Should've made the switch earlier. My quick thoughts

Pros:
- Design: I could stare at this phone all day. Didn't think I would like white as much, but man it's a beautiful phone. I think it's the best looking phone out there (better than the HTC One).
- Weight: Love the heft of this phone. Feels solid and indestructible. Was getting sick of the super light phones. Those felt too fragile and too toyish. I just don't understand people who thinks it's too heavy.
- Button layout: It's a departure from having a power button on top or upper left corner, but I like it a lot. For me it feels very natural.
- Screen: I might be in the minority, but I really like the LCD screen. It compares very favorably to HTC One X screen (and I thought that was the best 720p screen). Not a big fan of AMOLED, so I was glad they opted for the LCD screen.
- Battery Life: OMG, it's the battery life I've experienced so far. I'm an average user who gets about 2-3 hours of screen time. Email, facebook, some games, some texts and few calls a day. I take it out of the charger at 6am and at 11pm, I'm still at 30%. Of course I keep the location service off, until I need the gps for something, but my Android phones never lasted that long.
- Smooth OS: I love how smooth the OS is. Didn't feel the lags of Android.

Of course not everything is perfect. Some Cons
- Camera Shutter speed: Wish it was fast as Galaxy S3 or HTC One X.
- Record Video and take pics at the same time: This has to be a software thing, so I'm hoping they add this feature soon (unless the functions is there and I just can't find).
- Multitasking: Wish it could do it little better. Feels like HTC One X in this regard. Too much waiting for apps to load. But I'm getting use to it. It's my understanding they're going to improve this, so I'm really looking forward to this update.
- Start Screen: I just wish there was an option to add a 2nd or even 3rd start screen (basically, paginating OS like Android/iOS). My app list is growing and my start screen is getting fairly long. But keep the tile theme. It's a refreshing departure from iOS or Android.

I'm not going to complain about the lack of apps, because I believe Microsoft/Nokia is going in the right direction and the apps will come. For me, the apps are not a deal breaker. Looking at my phone usage, I just needed something that worked, without being too boring or too complicated. And I wanted a unique/beautiful device and I think I found it. I'll keep this at least until my contract runs out (Nov 2014). But if I do upgrade, I'm definitely looking at Nokia first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes