Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    As I mentioned in a thread yesterday, I have moved from the HTC 8x to the Nokia 920.

On my HTC there was an active tile that showed the time in big letters that I had at the top of my home screen. Unfortunately, that app is not available for the 920. This brings me to today's question... Is there an App that has the time in reasonably large numbers? I don't mind paying for the app, but for the life of me, I haven't been able to find one.

I realize it isn't that big of a deal, but I'm a creature of habit and I would like to be able the see the time at a glance when I unlock my phone. I also realize that there is lock in the upper right hand corner of the screen, but I would like it way larger so that it could be easily seen at a glance.

In advance, thanks for the community!!

Sadly, no tile apart from the HTC app can be actually 'live' and update in real time. Thus a clock tile wouldn't work great as it would only update every 15 mins or whatever the live tile update time is. I'm sure there are some apps like this but not much use. The HTC app is special but hopefully real time updating tiles might be brought in in a future update.
    Thanked by:

Isn't the Amber update that will come with GDR2 supposed to offer the glance mode that has a clock?

Sadly i don't think one exists.

There was a bit of a push on these forums to try and get Nokia to notice a live tile clock app called TimeMe and perhaps take it on, but the problem with that is it can only update every 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Babba View Post
    Isn't the Amber update that will come with GDR2 supposed to offer the glance mode that has a clock?
    This... You won't need a tile when you can have it right on the screen when you pull it out of your pocket.
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Babba View Post
    Sorry, I'm pretty new to the Windows Phone- is there an ETA for the update? Thank you!

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SRVwannab View Post
    Sorry, I'm pretty new to the Windows Phone- is there an ETA for the update? Thank you!
    tomorrow

From what source?

I think he was winding us up lol

Global Posts
    1,168 Global Posts
    August at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by SRVwannab View Post
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_246 using Board Express