Backup contact, call history, sms to PC

Ray101010

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello ,

I got the nokia 920 based on the camera hype at the time of it?s first unveiling. To my surprised it turned out my old Galaxy S2 took better pictures in my opinion.

Here is my question, I am trying to backup my entire phone (has to be sent in for repairs led light died) and wtf to my surprised the most common and convenient way for me to backup my previous phones, which is to plug it into your pc and backup ?everything? is not listed.

With the pc option on the phon app it only allows me to save my photos, vids and music. I cannot comprehend why Nokia/MS did not add the option to save/backup sms, contacts, app settings and phone call history option to your pc. At some point and time MS/Nokia had to make a decision of phone users to backup your most personal information using their cloud, all the while forfeiting you from having the option of saving it to your ?personal computer?. Let me think?hm it cost a lot of money to buy and maintain the cloud servers they use, and as far as I can tell you don?t pay a single cent, unless you want more cloud data ?.ask yourself what?s in it for the perverted F**Ks. I think most of us won?t allow a stranger to just walk right up into your house and begin to observe your eating habits, tv shows you watch etc. Don?t tell me either that only you can access your info?it?s simply bull****.

Why am I being forced to use the ?cloud? why would I want my personal info on someone else?s machine. I do not own the server and do not have admin rights. If they had advertised you could not conduct a simple backup of everything via pc, I would never have gotten this phone. I like the ability to choose/have a choice especially after paying $600 for a phone, just to have MS/Nokia to make the decision for me.

I can understand why some people would want to use the cloud, but not everyone should be forced to use it.

How do I back up contacts, call history, sms messages to my pc without being fingered in the cloud, against my will.

Thank you for your time

P8user

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Ray101010 ... I feel exactly the same ... just got off a chat session with AT&T ... they wanted me to do a 'factory reset' ... I asked about my contacts ... I would have to use Microsh*t's cloud, something I simply refuse to do. What users like you and me really need is a good piece of code that can be loaded onto a PC and is capable of accessing all of MY DATA that is stored in this damn Nokia 920. Have you found anything that will do this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa