Nokia Lumia 920 acting with battery and hard resets

MaccieInDetress

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I'll sum up my story here hoping that someone is able to give me a solution to fix my phone (Nokia Lumia 920 with service provider Orange France). Here's the story:

This morning, after I had changed my lock screen password to make sure nobody who knows my usual password logs in (but this is getting too personal ), I realized that I forgot the password.

So I restarted my phone, at which point the date and time synched with the operator's date and time which are wrong and say July 14th, meaning I would have to wait around 18 000 minutes to be finally able to try a new code. Therefore, I decided to hard reset it using the buttons.

To do this, I pressed several time the volume down and the locking button, then I released the locking button, but at first, instead of seeing the exclamation mark expected, i saw my mobile service provider's logo so I thought it wasnt working and I pressed the buttons to hard reset it again several times before figuring out that it was working and then, I let it hard reset

Anyway, after 3 hours, it was still hard resetting and not working, so I soft resetted the phone to restart the hard resetting and after 10 minutes, because I was going crazy, I did the same again. I let it reset for 2 hours and left my phone aside but always plugged in to an electricity source with its original cable to make sure it wouldnt run out of battery.

When I came back, I unplugged the phone and the phone was already off and I started it normally by pressing the locking button, but unfortunately it showed me the low battery logo so I plugged it in and it showed the low battery logo with the cable image flashing on top showing it was indeed charging.

At this point, when I leave the phone aside plugged into the electrical network, the low battery logo goes off screen but the screen after a few seconds but the screen is still lightened as you can see it is not really black.

But after 2 hours, when I got my phone back, still the same low battery logo, it seem it didn't charge. Anyway, the USB dock was slightly hot which shows it did have some electricity going through it. I left it again, plugging it out and back in to the electrical network to make sure it was correctly plugged in and after a while, I still had the same.

After a while, I got the phone back, plugged it via the USB into a computer and I did another hard reset with the buttons, and since then it is showing the hard resetting image (the two turning thingies) and it's been 30 minutes.

That's pretty much my whole story for the day, so I'm close to having a nervous breakdown and I will take any solution

Also, my service provider is Orange France (I'm French, so sorry for the English mistakes) and I am currently in Algeria for holidays, so I doubt I could get it to a store and I'll contact support first thing on Monday, but meanwhile, I have no phone)

Thanks a lot to anyone who could help me,
Yours,
Maccie

MaccieInDetress

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello and thanks for your quick answer but I am now wondering how I can download my files via NaviFirm since it seems to not be working anymore since recently for some users, and I get the error:

"Service specific exception: com.nokia.posti.server.caresuite.webservice.UnauthorizedFault"

Also, I cannot even open Nokia Care Suite installer as I get "This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.".

Yours,
Maccie

MaccieInDetress

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Flashed it twice now, still getting the problem with the "no battery but phone plugged in" and screen not switching off while plugged on both USB and electrical network for 20 mins each, and as soon as I unplug it, it switches off (so battery is probably empty)

My operator told me to exchange it with customer service but I wont be able to do so until September so I guess I'll switch to my old iPhone for now

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss