Lumia 920 restarts randomly if 4G network is enabled

Topherious

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have my Lumia 920 running WP8 Portico and Nokia 1314 FW and it?s a great phone however whenever I set the ?Highest connection speed? to 4G in the Mobile Network settings, my phone restarts itself randomly 3-4 times a day and the only way to stop it happening is to set it back to 3G as the highest connection speed.

Vodafone Australia are in the process of rolling out their 4G network and I have got myself enabled for 4G but the reboots still happen whenever I am at home where there is no 4G/LTE service available. I don?t get any reboots when I am out and about moving between different towers with 3G and 4G and it only happens at home so I am wondering if it?s a problem with the 3G tower near where I live or if it?s a problem with WP8. The problem existed before I updated to 1314 however as Vodafone didn?t have 4G at the time, I was happy to leave it set to 3G only but now I have 4G I would like to be able to set it to 4G.

Unfortunately Vodafone AU don?t carry the 920 so I bought an unlocked 920 and therefore they won?t provide any support for my phone so its up to me to work this out myself with the helpful peoples from WP Central.

Any ideas?

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I have my Lumia 920 running WP8 Portico and Nokia 1314 FW and it’s a great phone however whenever I set the “Highest connection speed” to 4G in the Mobile Network settings, my phone restarts itself randomly 3-4 times a day and the only way to stop it happening is to set it back to 3G as the highest connection speed.
Confirmed.
There is no 4G where I live, so I set it back to 3G as well.
But I hope this will be fixed in GDR2 !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism