Lumia 920 Blurry Photos

Seldom

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone. My mom got a Lumia 920 at the beginning of the year and has been loving it. The one thing that I noticed however is that all of the pictures that she has been uploading to Facebook have been coming out real blurry. It's not like only a portion of the photos have been blurry, it's the entire image.

Now, before anyone suggests anything obvious, let me tell you what I do to replicate these results. I know about tapping on the screen vs the dual stage button. It does it with both. The phone has been updated to the most recent update that was supposed to have some fixes to the camera. The lens isn't dirty and there isn't any kind of case on the phone. All of the phone settings are on DEFAULT/AUTO and I have clicked on the reset camera button a few times.

I was playing around with it yesterday at a wedding to see if I could fix it to get some nice shots of the wedding, and what I noticed was that when taking the picture, the focus seems to work fine. Then when I actually click the picture, it looks amazingly crystal clear for half a second then goes blurry and slides over into the pictures on the left.

I noticed a few other posts like this on the forums here, but there wasn't any resolution to them, or they were told to wait for the update that happened recently.

So can anyone help, or do I have to send the device back and get a new one?

Here is a picture of what I mean that the image looks blurry. This can't be normal right?
1070024_644593612237758_798082031_n.jpg

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, sorry for Your problems. Might it be caused by slight condensation INSIDE the lens? Do they appear completely clear? I had a grain of dirt in mine from me disassembling it the other day..

Most likely You have a faulty phone though..

Seldom

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I'll have to look in the morning to see. If it is indeed a faulty phone, what would be the options? The phone should still have the 1-year warranty on it, and we also have the insurance through ATT.

Edit: When I was playing around with it yesterday, I tried to take some real up-close shots of a a water bottle and it looked really crisp and sharp. So it doesn't happen with all photos.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
mine 920 has this as well.. a moment before the photo going to the library it's just PERFECT, and then it comes out a little blurry.. I guess all 920's are like this, nokia has made much improvements to the camera in the amber update (coming this month), different algorythms etc.. hope this fix..

but.. your photo seems too much blurry, maybe you should get a replacement or hard reseting it to see if it changes something.. I'm waiting for amber update, if this ''problem'' continues, I'll take to nokia care just to check if it's okay or not..

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
My phone was doing the same thing. It acts as if it gets stuck on close up even though it clearly says its on a different setting. One day I clicked on close up because that's the setting I wanted then when I switched to another one everything was fine like it was magic. Wish I had more for you but it was literally that simple I fix just a random toggle of settings. If problem persist just take it to att if the can't fix it they will get you a new :)
Good luck let us know what happens!

des920

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
You mean the movement of my hand as I take the picture? Shouldn't the OIS cancel most of that out?

Yes, i noticed it moves a bit after you take the picture, especially if you re using the manual focus. I highly recommend you to loan a came grip or a tripod just to test this so you can know for 100%.

The OIS should, but like i said before 2 of 5 clear photos isnt the best result for it s functionality.

rocwest

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue as the OP. It seems to have become a problem around the time of the xx14 update. Early on some of my photos were stunningly good but last week I was taking shots in the garden and they were crap (on the same settings as before). The visual effect is as if the focus only dials in at the 90% level. I find myself purging more and more photos after I get home and look at them closely and am now using the camera less and less.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
mine 920 has this as well.. a moment before the photo going to the library it's just PERFECT, and then it comes out a little blurry.. I guess all 920's are like this, nokia has made much improvements to the camera in the amber update (coming this month), different algorythms etc.. hope this fix..

but.. your photo seems too much blurry, maybe you should get a replacement or hard reseting it to see if it changes something.. I'm waiting for amber update, if this ''problem'' continues, I'll take to nokia care just to check if it's okay or not..

Download HD photo viewer then :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre