Has anyone received the gdr2 for your L920?

des920

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Aug 15th nd I m not going to update at the very first day, first want to see some complains nd then go for it :)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Aug 15th nd I m not going to update at the very first day, first want to see some complains nd then go for it :)

Very wise indeed! Everytime im using my phone I have to fight the temptation of checking for updates

yeah, but it's an unnecessary headache

That's true.. I updated my L920 to Portico in Feb when I felt safe to update it lol, who wouldn't when especially when you pay ?520 for a sim free phone. Damn VAT!

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
That August 15th date was for an Australian carrier I believe. And if the past is anything to go by AT&T in the US are usually first to get updates and the rest of us have to wait for a few weeks/months afterwards.

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I wonder why some of us who are using unlocked phones, who are independent of carriers are not receiving this update, i wonder!!!!

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I give 20€ on the table because the OEM has to, ugh, "modify" it to inhuman proportions.. *sigh*, just handle it to us, Nokia, Huawei and Samsung phones aren't like HTCs which get bricked ;). Maybe just because of that the whole process is put on hold - testing, so other phones don't get bricked? Imagine the dimensions of an Apple-like update distribution and then an aftermath of bricked phones.. Mayhem :)

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
These updates have gone by territory and carrier in the past. I'm in the UK and have an unbranded Lumia 920 and got the last big update after, EE and Orange users. Also the update was available in the states about three weeks before Europe and then European territories one by one. Maybe this time it will be different. I hope so.

tgzgeorge

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not going to hold my breathe for Aug 15th or around that date. My carrier is notorious in slow release of updates. For me its gonna likely in late fall or winter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon