Sees Wifi, enters correct password but can't connect

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Now it connects and internet works fine! Idk why and idk how but it works so im happy! Thanks for all ya'lls help guys I appreciate it!

Edit: that only worked for like 5 mins. Now it's back to saying password incorrect. So back to where we started...

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you (hard) reset your router? If your phone can connect to others WiFi sources, then you need to hard reset your router.

EDIT: Do you changed to WEP? try it too, not all routers works ok with WPA.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
How odd i think it has developed a fault. Try reconnecting via wps see if the enables the L920 to connect to internet. If that doesn't work either. I would say its faulty. As I imagine everything else is connecting fine.

The other thing i can think of is removing all the wi fi profiles stored one the L920 and try to reconnect either via the passkey or wps. Also have you tried connecting to another router?.

Generally speaking if a device starts behaving like this you need to set the ip, gateway and dns address on the device. Currently not possible on the L920...

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How odd i think it has developed a fault. Try reconnecting via wps see if the enables the L920 to connect to internet. If that doesn't work either. I would say its faulty. As I imagine everything else is connecting fine.

The other thing i can think of is removing all the wi fi profiles stored one the L920 and try to reconnect either via the passkey or wps. Also have you tried connecting to another router?.

Generally speaking if a device starts behaving like this you need to set the ip, gateway and dns address on the device. Currently not possible on the L920...

My 920 has the option to set a static ip address

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My 920 has the option to set a static ip address

Err how do you do it? I have no such option under advanced or after I'm connected to the Wi Fi Network and tap on the said SSID I only get the option to enable proxy however the IP Address, Subnet, Gateway, etc are all greyed out. If you could point out the steps this will help the OP as well ;).

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I give up. Neither ATT wireless nor ATT internet will help me. The internet support people said they can't help me since I didn't buy a router from att. I'm done trying, its too frustrating! Thank yall for all the suggestions though!! Sorry to dissapoint:)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure I could have fixed it, if I was physically at the location . No offence :)

Sucks that you did not get through though :(

gqptyu

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact same problem with my HTC Tytn II. The device would see the network. Ask for password. Then ask for password again but won't connect.

I was able to fix the problem by changing the WEP key index order so that it matched the router. Both should be at the same offset. Currently my router has the WEP key index as 0. The router stores them in a zero based array. So it's the first one. The phone stores the passwords in a one based array (may be different for your phone). So the WEP key index in the phone is set as 1 i.e. the first one. The phone now connects without any problem.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
have you tried doing a hard reset???? maybe see the MAC filtering??? hmmm change the security from WPA2 to WPA and change the password??? resetting the wifi router also works :/

Alexew

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem! However, when I have a girl clicking on that "connect" button, it will work! I am not lying! I don't think that my computer can recognize people, but I do believe that it requires a few tries to success....

Karthik S A

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Here's what I did: I could see my network name in the list of WiFi networks but couldn't see it in 'Known Networks'. So I manually added my network to the list of 'Known Networks' using the + (Add) function. It worked.

Lorenzo Rubagotti

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem but now i fix it.

My solution:
-Turn off Wi-Fi on phone. Delete all the Wi-Fi settings and hotspots. Turn off Phone.
-Turn off router and unplug all the cable, both the LAN cables and phone cables( cables inside wall too).
-Wait 1 hour or more.
-Reconnect all router cables. Verify with another laptop or something else if work fine.
-If work ok skip the following sentence: configure the router with right settings.
-Turn on phone, Turn on Wi-Fi on phone and connect normally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb