All of the sudden, WP store won't check for update!!!

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Normally, my WP store tile shows the available updates right @9:00 am everyday. I used to hate this because these updates is shown long after the update came available. For example, if wpcentral report facebook update today, I can go ahead and manually update it now. But if I don't manually update, I will have to wait until tomorrow morning for the update to be shown on my WP store live tile.

Then I found the work around. I set my region to united states. And the updates show @8:00 pm the day before. The situation had become, the updates show on my WP store live tiles before they are reported on wpcentral. I have enjoyed this for months then came the crashes.

My phone is frozen for the first time since I bought it last November. I performed the usual soft reset (not the first time tho) follow by double on and off to bring the live tiles to life (as I did many times).

For a week now, my WP store never check for the updates. I have set the region to US for 4 days and Thailand for 3 days and never got any updates. Now, I depend on this forum to know of any updates but not all apps I installed got report here.

What's wrong with my WP store? How do I get it to work again? Please help.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Normally, my WP store tile shows the available updates right @9:00 am everyday. I used to hate this because these updates is shown long after the update came available. For example, if wpcentral report facebook update today, I can go ahead and manually update it now. But if I don't manually update, I will have to wait until tomorrow morning for the update to be shown on my WP store live tile.

Then I found the work around. I set my region to united states. And the updates show @8:00 pm the day before. The situation had become, the updates show on my WP store live tiles before they are reported on wpcentral. I have enjoyed this for months then came the crashes.

My phone is frozen for the first time since I bought it last November. I performed the usual soft reset (not the first time tho) follow by double on and off to bring the live tiles to life (as I did many times).

For a week now, my WP store never check for the updates. I have set the region to US for 4 days and Thailand for 3 days and never got any updates. Now, I depend on this forum to know of any updates but not all apps I installed got report here.

What's wrong with my WP store? How do I get it to work again? Please help.

did you try the trick that is mentioned in quite a few threads in the forums?
Unpin store tile, clear IE cache, soft-reset the phone and re-pin store tile.
Edit: ymmv of course

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks @aaa6112. I did that twice but missed the pin-unpin part tho. Just done it again follow your instructions. Now I have to wait and see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99