Is there any reason to upgrade?

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Barely get my 920 Tweaked so that it is just how I like it and I see there is a 1020 ... I am a T-mobile user in the USA so I bought the Pentaband from Rogers in Canada. I haven't looked to see if the 1020 will give me 3G 4G or LTE with Tmobile USA BUT I am thinking that by the time I get an answer there will be an 1120 ... Lumia is cranking out new models faster than Apple does iPhones. My question is, are the changes worth switching? Diane

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Are you really interested in photography? If you already have a 920, I'd suggest waiting for a new device unless the camera is something really important to you.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Do you REALLY want the 1020 camera? If your answer isn't a HUGE yes, then don't get it. I am always getting new stuff and even I don't plan on getting the 1020. Think of the 1020 not as an upgrade to the 920, but rather a side step to fill a niche.

I am not sure about what bands and what level of cell service you would get.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a Leica camera so the phone itself is all that matters. I really like this phone, although not enough for me to re-home my iPhone. I actually love both these phones. I prefer the Windows o/s ...

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
The only benefit to the 1020 is the camera. And it has the GDR2 update if i'm reading the reviews correctly but you can just wait a few weeks/months for that and have that on you 920.

Then your 920 should be good for you until it breaks or becomes unsupported. My 920 feels like a device that will still be awesome when it's time to upgrade in November 2014.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Barely get my 920 Tweaked so that it is just how I like it and I see there is a 1020 ... I am a T-mobile user in the USA so I bought the Pentaband from Rogers in Canada. I haven't looked to see if the 1020 will give me 3G 4G or LTE with Tmobile USA BUT I am thinking that by the time I get an answer there will be an 1120 ... Lumia is cranking out new models faster than Apple does iPhones. My question is, are the changes worth switching? Diane

Well first off, it is my opinion that Apple is the LAST to actually come out with new phones. Seems every time you buy one of these new smartphones, the next version of it is already in production. Totally impossible to keep up. The one HUGE draw to that 1020 is the camera. If that's what rocks your boat then go get it, otherwise wait a few minutes and maybe that new Windows Phablet phone will be out (a girl can dream can't she) :wink:

SahilShah

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Unless you want a better camera, thinner phone, and a lighter phone, you don't need to upgrade. But, go for it if you want it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3